IGNORED

Emulation Questions for Streaming (Virtual Jaguar / Retro Arch / Phoenix)

DreamcastUK

Hi all,

I'm currently using VJ v2.1.2 and I also use VJ via RetroArch (VJ V2.1.0) - unsure if either of these are the most up-to-date versions

For ease of streaming and recording footage personally I plan to use emulators for the time being (until I can set up PC up correctly with two monitors to use orignal hardware which should be a in a few months), unsure if anyone has done a list of supported retail games and how they run on either emulator as some I get working, some have sound/gfx glitches whilst others just don't work.

I've seen comments about phoenix emulator which there is a guide to get it in english, so before I start in the world of livestream everyone's fav Jaguar games and not having to cut the recording/stream short due to the game crashing etc, has anyone created a list of how well/or not well games run via any of the above mentioned emulators? If not, I would be happy to do so and share my findings

Thanks

3 hours ago, DreamcastUK said:

I've seen comments about phoenix emulator which there is a guide to get it in english, so before I start in the world of livestream everyone's fav Jaguar games and not having to cut the recording/stream short due to the game crashing etc, has anyone created a list of how well/or not well games run via any of the above mentioned emulators?

You should go for the Phoenix, it is not Open Source but this is the best emulator available for my humble point of view.

The list shows the games compatibility: http://www.arts-union.ru/node/66

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dilinger said:

You should go for the Phoenix, it is not Open Source but this is the best emulator available for my humble point of view.

The list shows the games compatibility: http://www.arts-union.ru/node/66

8 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

I have used both vj and Phoenix, and for playing retail game roms I heavily recommend Phoenix over vj.

Thank you both very much, I'll give Phoenix a go