IGNORED

Tony Game (from FB Atari World Italia)

Matej

Nice. Very clever use of dithering and shade to give a sense of depth there. Coming on nicely. We'll done to all involved. :)

Don't get me wrong as I love seeing these teaser images and videos but I was gonna suggest not giving too much away... don't wanna spoil the surprise after all. :)

10 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Nice. Very clever use of dithering and shade to give a sense of depth there. Coming on nicely. We'll done to all involved. :)

Don't get me wrong as I love seeing these teaser images and videos but I was gonna suggest not giving too much away... don't wanna spoil the surprise after all. :)

it's only a few screens, but you're right

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what this is about - when the video stopped, Youtube was gracious enough to present me with these 4 recommendations (none are shows I have ever heard of before BTW).

NSFW - click at your own peril.

Spoiler

1263012113_WTFYoutube.thumb.jpg.c92bb29338c4489664bd4716dda8cdb8.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to write, the game TONY was supposed to be for Atari, my brother XXL coder promised that it was not a problem, so I made graphics for Atasri, but my brother didn't have time, I found another coder but his work is also minimalist, I have a question what is the problem with coders from Atari, since the coder from C64 wrote the code for my game 2 months, the coder from Amiga wrote it in a one month, the coder from ZX Spectrum wrote it in 2 months... why is atari so complicated  :(

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:20 PM, RafalDudek said:

I have to write, the game TONY was supposed to be for Atari, my brother XXL coder promised that it was not a problem, so I made graphics for Atasri, but my brother didn't have time, I found another coder but his work is also minimalist, I have a question what is the problem with coders from Atari, since the coder from C64 wrote the code for my game 2 months, the coder from Amiga wrote it in a one month, the coder from ZX Spectrum wrote it in 2 months... why is atari so complicated  :(

I'm not familiar in how complex Tony is, so only can say that both Amiga & c64 probably have enough hardware sprites that coder doesn't have to do anything tech related that's too special for it.

Speccy is interesting, it has many similar games done already, so my guess is that coder used existing code, or maybe even something like AGD engine to code it faster. Anyway, two months is great dev time for sure.

The only way I can see Tony work on A8 is bitmap mode, with bitmap sprites. Let's just say games with such gfx are rare, which means that coders who can code that are rare too.

All the best with the game!

On 8/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, RafalDudek said:

I have a question what is the problem with coders from Atari

What is the problem with Atari coders because they haven't programmed your game? Maybe because they're busy coding their own games?

• Like 1

also it is about personal preference of a coder... i don't find the game interesting enough, the graphics is of course wonderful, but from gameplay point of view it is about jumping over obstacles and opening doors with keys...like Montezuma's Revenge or Deimos. We have been here already. I'm missing something special here like portals, teleports, altered gravity, character metamorphosis, alternate realities, world alteration... just some sauce.

I'm crossing fingers for anyone who decides to pick up this project, it's just not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I kind of see that, it could use some nifty traps, flying darts, and magic... mayan magic like a flaming skull portal... cool thoughts.

Tony could become some kind of Rick Dangerous, since it looks like Rick takes quite long to arrive on the A8 (unsure if it ever does)...

• 2 weeks later...

in TONY game we have various traps, spears, skulls, spiders, scorpions, snakes, skeletons, indians, flying masks, flying arrows and big falling stones, there are 5 different levels each with different graphics and different sprites. Magic is an elixir that protects us from various enemies... Here is an example of falling stones and arrows, this level "Montezuma's Pyramid" is in work progress, and not all objects are available yet.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

@RafalDudek Nice. Just for reference is the video of the progress of the Atari 8-bit version, (A8), or the Amiga?  (The music being superimposed over the top of the A8 version just for the purpose of the video).

Can I ask what is the current state of play for the A8 version? Is it being coded?

This video is recorded on an Amiga, the games are no different between C64, Atari and Amiga. (the difference is the music). Yes, the coder is working on the Atari version and there is progress in the work.

• Like 12

• 1 month later...