IGNORED

Mystery game in 1981/1982 catalog

jlew715

On 10/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, Rom Hunter said:

And there's no way the second box left to it reads Combat.

But still it's Combat.

8)

Well, i still can recognize the first letter C and the last T at the end of the word COMBAT, and i know the picture of combat, so there is no doubt about it.  But you seem to be so sure and adamant about the name Hot Rox, i thought maybe you have another clue or proof somewhere to close the debate.
I think i will have to take your word for it until someone finds the original prototype picture of the game. Would be so cool, maybe for an updated edition of the Art of Atari by Tim Lapetino ;)

1 hour ago, Electric-Dreams said:

Well, i still can recognize the first letter C and the last T at the end of the word COMBAT, and i know the picture of combat, so there is no doubt about it.

The Hot-Rox box looks more like it says Hot-Rox to me than the Combat box looks like it says Combat. But, like you said, you recognize a couple of letters and the art, so your brain auto-fills the rest. If Hot-Rox was a name you were more familiar with and we had an undistorted version of the artwork to refer to, maybe your mind would do the same for that box.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:07 PM, Electric-Dreams said:

But you seem to be so sure and adamant about the name Hot Rox, i thought maybe you have another clue or proof somewhere to close the debate.

I don't seem to be sure about it, I am sure about it.

It fits the date, the title and even the pink box color.

The only thing that was changed at the last moment was the game's title (and even that was announced).

There simply isn't another game that fits in.

I agree it would be nice to have a better look at the box art, but that doesn't change the outcome.

8)

3 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

I don't seem to be sure about it, I am sure about it.

It fits the date, the title and even the pink box color.

The only thing that was changed at the last moment was the game's title (and even that was announced).

There simply isn't another game that fits in.

I agree it would be nice to have a better look at the box art, but that doesn't change the outcome.

8)

Ok, you made your point. I think someone should officially document this fact, with link to all sources, not only on a AtariAge's thread, but on something more universal like Wikipedia too. This is a shame that the dedicated page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demons_to_Diamonds doesn't mention it.

Maybe, if you can provide me with some links to the sources (official launch date, color of the box, announcement for the change of the game's title), i'm willing to complete the Wikipedia article if nobody else feels the need to so.

• Like 1