IGNORED

Can Omnimon XL be loaded/run from a RAM OS on an XL/XE?

Larry

I'm sure it would need some serious relocation coding from $C000 (where it sits, from my faltering memory..)

To be honest, I never tried relocating it...My second purchase when I got a credit card, first was a ZX81 16K ram pack, and then Omnimon , think i got the ramrod version ???

My first 3rd party hardware item was a 32K board for my then new 800.  My second was an Omnimon board.  I still think it is the overall best monitor ever created for the A8.  I got a Ramrod XL later for my XE or XL (I don't remember which).

Yep, at the time the best machine code monitor out there, probably the next nearest was Ultimon by John Lawson. Oh on a note re that, I keep in touch with John and Ultimon II isn't a dead project, but it is on the back burner..

Here's his message to me from late August.. Sure he won't mind..

Hi Paul,

Every now and then I go back to the Atari (like this weekend and I still love it), I just ran out of time on ULTIMON II. I would like to get the time to finish, it just depends on the future holds.

I have been doing some real complicated development using multiple languages (even at my age) so its hard to get back into 6502 assembler although it was easier. If I could switch quickly to 6502 it would be great, but each time it takes days to get back into it. 

:(

Edited by Mclaneinc