IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 14 - Shark! Shark!

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

A little higher 80,500

image.thumb.jpeg.aefaefcc61ce7a0ca09248d06f0d00e3.jpeg

When I first started playing this game a few years ago I could barely get to 70k. Now I can get to 100k every time, but the 100k shark devours me. Alot of people have trouble with the 90k shark, he is a bad-ass, but I have figured him out. The 100k shark on the other hand I don't think I will ever figure him out. I have killed the 100k shark just ONCE in my entire life and that was a fluke, got him with a fluky double tail nip... I honestly don't think I will ever kill the 100k shark ever again... Just one of those things I guess.... 🙄

• Like 1

🦈! 🦈!

At 90K: Look for the 🦈’s tail and nip at it in a safe manner (Nip & Run). Try to keep nipping the same 🦈 to get the bonus points. Eat smaller 🐠 in your path. Your goal is to get to 100k as quickly as you can. 

At 100k: Eat every smaller 🐠 on the screen … the points add up. Nip at the 🦈’s tail on the rare occasion that it’s safe. The program puts larger 🐠 and the 🦞 and 🦀 in your path of nipping the 🦈’s tail. In those cases, don’t fall for the trap. You’ll get a nip but lose one of your own 🐟. What I do in those circumstances is “act as though I’m just out for a recreational swim”. It confuses the 🦈. While he’s confused, go in for the kill. 

OR: Swim around randomly - eat 🐟 randomly; go for a nip on the 🦈’s tail randomly  ….. and wait for your extra 🐠 to run-out to put on Netflix with the Mrs.🧜🏻‍♀️ … what do I know!

EDIT:

I’m adding an edit here right after my game: Best tip I can give: and it sounds funny but I’m serious: run for your life! Every time you avoid a death, you’re earning an extra fish! It’s extremely easy to get lazy on this game. The harder you work at evading the shark and swimming around obstacles, the more extra fish you save and the better the results! 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have tried many times to pass Wongojacks score,and so far this is the closest I can get.

It did have an increased degree of difficulty to it,as I explained to my Wife and Daughter what I was trying to accomplish yet they still chose to talk to me and ask me random questions throughout my game.

I love them both dearly,but....c'mon now!!!!🤨

20221106_085548.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Quick Shark! Shark! Update: 

250,000+? - IntellivisionMaster (+3 BONUS POINTS)(SCORE WILL BE COMING TODAY) :P

157,500 - IntyFanMatt (+3 BONUS POINTS)

112,000 - mr_me (+2 BONUS POINTS)

110,750 - Rickster8 (+2 BONUS POINTS)

90,300 - crade (+1 BONUS POINT)

89,200 - wongojack (+1 BONUS POINT)

85,700 - wolfy62 (+1 BONUS POINT)

58,350 - lupovax (+1 BONUS POINT)

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I have tried many times to pass Wongojacks score,and so far this is the closest I can get.

It did have an increased degree of difficulty to it,as I explained to my Wife and Daughter what I was trying to accomplish yet they still chose to talk to me and ask me random questions throughout my game.

I love them both dearly,but....c'mon now!!!!🤨

20221106_085548.jpg

LOL - You don't know this, but I've been texting with your family and promising them trips to Disney, lifetime supply of awesome sauce, and world peace just to eff with you while you play.  Glad it is working.

By the way, I just tried to increase my own score, and I couldn't do it.  My opinion of this game has totally changed.  I used to think of it as a nice and relaxing little fish game.  Now I see it as a shark on fish murder simulator.  Cheese and fries, that shark is a bastard.  He will ruin your day.

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, wongojack said:

LOL - You don't know this, but I've been texting with your family and promising them trips to Disney, lifetime supply of awesome sauce, and world peace just to eff with you while you play.  Glad it is working.

By the way, I just tried to increase my own score, and I couldn't do it.  My opinion of this game has totally changed.  I used to think of it as a nice and relaxing little fish game.  Now I see it as a shark on fish murder simulator.  Cheese and fries, that shark is a bastard.  He will ruin your day.

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF I don't know why this says 'forced laughter' that was friggin hilarious..... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 1

Start on Disc: 

I forgot that I have a backup console ready to go! 

ps) Rick .. LOL 😂 … I can’t just plug in Shark! Shark! and hit a 250K! LOL 😂… maybe 200K :) I wish!!! 

I hit a 250K playing live at PRGE; and the excitement/adrenaline of playing live helped me along! 

61CFD3DC-B24C-4CEC-BEA4-C521B3B8974E.jpeg

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quick Shark! Shark! Update: 

235,450 - IntellivisionMaster (+3 BONUS POINTS)(NEW HSC RECORD)

157,500 - IntyFanMatt (+3 BONUS POINTS)

112,000 - mr_me (+2 BONUS POINTS)

110,750 - Rickster8 (+2 BONUS POINTS)

103,250 - wolfy62 (+2 BONUS POINT)

90,300 - crade (+1 BONUS POINT)

89,200 - wongojack (+1 BONUS POINT)

71,350 - lupovax (+1 BONUS POINT)

3 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

After many attempts I finally cracked the 100k barrier,which I am absolutely thrilled about!!!

I wanted to post this as soon as I got it so Wongo could have the opportunity to surpass it.

20221106_104943.thumb.jpg.b3c3920c62820861138e217aabef10a0.jpg

If I score higher, I will post as soon as I do it.  Truth is that I can't seem to even equal my score for earlier in the week, so it looks like you are safely ahead of me on this one.

Or maybe I just don't want to spring for those Disney tickets for your family. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3