IGNORED

Latest Dino Eggs Tim's Mechanics, now with Early Clock Bit

Captain Cozmos

This is my latest release after a painstakingly figuring out how to use the early clock bit with sprites.

Now, if you walk off each side of the screen Tim does not just disappear.  He eases in on either side.
I also incorporated this into jumping.  It does not work as well as I would like but when you jump the action is so fast it does not take away from the game.  I may adjust this more in the future.

I really wanted this because when I say a polished AAA game that is what I mean.  If I sell this I want you to get your money's worth.

I also fixed the bug previously mentioned about animation continuing when you press up or down when not on a ladder as well as when you are on a ladder and press left or right.

I rewrote the jump function when I had to incorporate the ECB routine.  Same with the east and west movement.  Honed and more efficient.

So, for prosperity and asking you to find bugs, here you go.

Next release will have the upper graphics and sound.

Maybe you will even start picking up some eggs.

If I am starting too many threads then please leave me feedback on how to promote this in my folder where everyone can get an update or the best way to get the message out.

CC

Dino Eggs v36.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos

14 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

If I am starting too many threads then please leave me feedback on how to promote this in my folder where everyone can get an update or the best way to get the message out.

I see no problem. In fact this forum doesn't see a lot of activity like some of the other ones, so your posts are appreciated (at least by me).

15 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Now, if you walk off each side of the screen Tim does not just disappear.  He eases in on either side.
I also incorporated this into jumping.  It does not work as well as I would like but when you jump the action is so fast it does not take away from the game.  I may adjust this more in the future.

I just tried it out. Looks great 👍  And to my eyes it makes a smooth transition even when jumping off one side of the screen and reappearing on the other side.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the words of support.

I adjusted course and instead of releasing a new version featuring Tim and boring everyone I am working on some other major problems.

I have to have a 100 foot tall Momma Dinosaur foot scroll seamlessly down the screen as well as a credits title and then scrolling text that goes upwards in reverse.

So, I thought that would take up my time for the next couple of weeks to break the monotony of working on the same thing daily.

CC

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 7:35 PM, imstarryeyed said:

I can't wait to see the mama dinosaur you are going to create!

DINO MOM ATTACK! Bring it on.

Looking very good, polished. Your progress is admirable and appreciated!

And, will you have enough ROM space in 32kb to do the upward-scrolling text, as well as implement all the other cool stuff in the game? In particular, will you implement the color-coded levels. I believe this is the level progression:

reddish level 0 = 'easy' diffculty / light activity

light blue level 1 = 'medium' / moderate critter activity

green level 2 = 'hard' / heavy critter activity

(this activity level repeats for levels 3,4,5 and 6,7,8)

(going by the '83 Apple II version). Ditto for level 9, with the purple level color, and advanced difficulty (two fires necessary to keep Dino Mom away, faster level, many more critters, etc.