IGNORED

Popeye and all these other homebrews n Portland

kyle

5 hours ago, kyle said:

Been away from the scene  as I tend to come and go. When are all the 7800 homebrews from Portland going to be available in the Atariage store?? What should I get?

I believe @Albert said the Portland games would be available in November. I haven't heard anything since so I assume that's still the plan. 

As far as what to get that very much depends. There are puzzle games like 2048 and Slide Boy, arcade classics like Popeye, Uniwars and Galaxian, and original titles like Dragons Havoc, Attack of the PETSCII Robots and E.X.O. And so much more I'm sure. I'm not sure if the release list has changed but check out the homepage to get an idea and get whatever interests you. 

IM ready to get spending whenever they hit the store!  I paid off a credit card just for these 7800 games lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kyle said:

Been away from the scene  as I tend to come and go. When are all the 7800 homebrews from Portland going to be available in the Atariage store?? What should I get?

Q: What should I get?

A: All the 7800 homebrews

Answer was right there in front of you all along. :)

Edited by SIO2
I always do cause I am an editor.
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, save2600 said:

Can always just get a Concerto and play some of them sooner. 😀

Al has been talking about adding digital downloads to the Store for a year or so, maybe longer. I’d love it if I could buy digital copies of the stage-limited demos I’ve been playing for a long time: especially PENGO (or was the final name PENGA?) and POPEYE. :)

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Al has been talking about adding digital downloads to the Store for a year or so, maybe longer. I’d love it if I could buy digital copies of the stage-limited demos I’ve been playing for a long time: especially PENGO (or was the final name PENGA?) and POPEYE. :)

Penta I believe it's now called.

I'll still buy the occasional physical release, but yeah... digital download makes a lot more sense to me these days. Especially for those games that utilize Pokey/Hokey.

• Like 1

I mentioned a while back but I do plan to make E.X.O. and Koppers available digitally before the end of the year. I'm figuring out what that looks like right now.

I also need to make a version of Koppers that plays nice with Concerto + POKEY. The graphics glitches on Concerto are firmware related and I can't fix those.

I'll give each ROM an info panel so folks can make informed decisions based on how they want to play the game :

image.png.fe8ecae213caf334a96547628e99dab7.png

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Penta I believe it's now called..

PentaGo. ;)

7 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

I mentioned a while back but I do plan to make E.X.O. and Koppers available digitally before the end of the year. I'm figuring out what that looks like right now.

I also need to make a version of Koppers that plays nice with Concerto + POKEY. The graphics glitches on Concerto are firmware related and I can't fix those.

I'll give each ROM an info panel so folks can make informed decisions based on how they want to play the game :

image.png.fe8ecae213caf334a96547628e99dab7.png

:thumbsup:  :cool:  

A7800DS places with the green team too. :)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

+1. I'd be thrilled to be able to purchase full digital copies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, save2600 said:

Lots of good stuff on the horizon, but the new "normal" says it could be several months before you take delivery *after* PRGE. Can always just get a Concerto and play some of them sooner. 😀

Ok gotcha. Yeah I'm not confident for November but your right, with the concerto I can at least play them. Maybe it'll be another new years eve preorder deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been talking to various friends on Facebook and here on the forums (etc) and the word is that PRGE was a huge success in terms of sales. So much so that outside of Jaguar games Albert had sold out almost everything else.  We'll have to wait on official word of course but with so many incredible and desirable homebrews being released all together it looks like a delay is inevitable. 

I looked over the list of releases and I don't know how he does it. He's going to get a flood of orders when these hit the store. I personally would do it in waves of releases over the next few months. 

On 10/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, kyle said:

https://www.atari7800forever.com/9newgames.html

Here's an article I wrote about them before they were released. It may help you out. There were a couple of surprise games I missed in the article

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

https://www.atari7800forever.com/9newgames.html

Here's an article I wrote about them before they were released. It may help you out. There were a couple of surprise games I missed in the article

I think you will be interested in seeing this *final* version... ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Defender_2600 said:

I think you will be interested in seeing this *final* version... ;)

Oh yeah- I was made aware of the progress in this game almost immediately after writing that article. LOL. It looks so great, but I still don't know if this game is one for me. I would love to play a 7800 game with the Star Raiders Keypad, however. 

19 minutes ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Oh yeah- I was made aware of the progress in this game almost immediately after writing that article. LOL. It looks so great, but I still don't know if this game is one for me. I would love to play a 7800 game with the Star Raiders Keypad, however. 

Just as a side note for those who don't know, a specific adapter will be available in the store to use the SNES controller with this game.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, Trebor said:

PentaGo. ;)

:thumbsup:  :cool:  

A7800DS places with the green team too. :)

Yes. There is a Pengo booleg in MAME. It's name is "Penta", and the main character is "Pento". That is what the game is based off of.

I changed it to PentaGo. I didn't feel most would know the bootleg reference, and Penta-Go is like Pen-Go.

image.thumb.png.319d0d8176d93696193c32149a6b4185.png image.thumb.png.8691afabcb1149810b062cb2110ae44e.png

However, there is a code that changes the title screen to a "different" name. If AtariVox, High Score Care, or SaveKey is used, that swap is saved to the device unless cleared. I believe this is accessible in the latest demo released.

image.thumb.png.2a3a0fa8d04546f22926352ac65b7d4d.png => image.thumb.png.93cc44ff980af861a31d8e080774a9cd.png

Thanks for the kind words. :) --Darryl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1