IGNORED

Bot&Tom (was: Top&Tom 2)

Thomas Jentzsch

I am happy to announce that Top&Tom 2 got nominated for the 5th Atari Homebrew Awards. Being the only 4K game nominated in this category, this nomination is quite cool already.

image.thumb.jpeg.1826cd2785627943436e6328e3b08d08.jpeg

Even MORE great, new games are waiting to be discovered by YOU than last year! So head over, play the games and VOTE for your favorites!

• Like 6

Since the author of the original game, chsxf plans to launch it as a mobile game very soon, he asked me to change the name. Everything not including "Top&Tom" or "Top and Tom" is fine.

I somehow saw this coming, so I had prepared some plays on the name. Here are some ideas:

• Tom&Bot (Tom for me, and Bot for the car at the bottom, mostly controller by the top car)
  • Bot&Tom (same, but also a play with "bottom", for whatever reason :))

Or variations like Tom 'n Bot or BotTom. And maybe I will add a "!" to the name, just to stay consistent with VROOM! or SWOOPS!

What do you think? Any completely different idea, which somehow fit to the gameplay?

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

After thinking about your reactions, I decided to change the name into "Bot&Tom". I have attached the latest ROM reflecting the name change to the first post.

Do you have a new boxart for the PlusROM HSC?

Or should I just change the name on the temporary one?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

After thinking about your reactions, I decided to change the name into "Bot&Tom". I have attached the latest ROM reflecting the name change to the first post.

Just played your modified version and became aware that you put the name „TOM“ upside down - I really like your attention to detail 😊👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 11:05 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am happy to announce that Top&Tom 2 got nominated for the 5th Atari Homebrew Awards. Being the only 4K game nominated in this category, this nomination is quite cool already.

image.thumb.jpeg.1826cd2785627943436e6328e3b08d08.jpeg

Even MORE great, new games are waiting to be discovered by YOU than last year! So head over, play the games and VOTE for your favorites!

A shared 3rd place, behind two 32K ARM games. Very nice! :) 

Looking forward to next year...

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 9

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...