IGNORED

PC Mode "On-A-Stick" (from Atari store)

Atarick

3 minutes ago, OscarGungan said:

I haven't received mine yet either. A while back I looked it up on eBay and I saw 2 completed listings go for crazy amounts. One was around $100 and one for around $300. The listings were old enough I can't find them on eBay anymore but I looked at them multiple times to see if I looked at it wrong. I'm planning on getting a SSD and install Linux on that. If that works out i may not even need it when it does show up.

That's nuts!   People are basically paying lots of money for a stick with Atari logo printed on them since anybody can create their own "PC mode" stick.  I've said before that Atari should just sell blank USBs with their logo printed on them because these always seem to sell out so fast.

14 minutes ago, zzip said:

That's nuts!   People are basically paying lots of money for a stick with Atari logo printed on them since anybody can create their own "PC mode" stick.  I've said before that Atari should just sell blank USBs with their logo printed on them because these always seem to sell out so fast.

Yep, I’ll probably end up with a better setup on the do it yourself route. I saw they announced Atari branded SSDs will be coming out. Curious what the price and availability will be with those. 

41 minutes ago, OscarGungan said:

I haven't received mine yet either. A while back I looked it up on eBay and I saw 2 completed listings go for crazy amounts. One was around $100 and one for around $300. The listings were old enough I can't find them on eBay anymore but I looked at them multiple times to see if I looked at it wrong. I'm planning on getting a SSD and install Linux on that. If that works out i may not even need it when it does show up.

Just do that.  The only thing the USB stick has on it that is special is some wall papers and to have a cool usb stick with Atari on it.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, OscarGungan said:

Mine just arrived today. Came in a small brown bubble wrap envelope and shipped from very close by interestingly enough by UPS smartpost. After opening it up I must admit to being pretty underwhelmed. I even checked the atari.com website to see what the thing was supposed to look like. I'll check the contents and transfer speed later. Basically the laser etched Atari logo is not worth paying anything for in my opinion.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:55 PM, john_q_atari said:

Mine just arrived today. Came in a small brown bubble wrap envelope and shipped from very close by interestingly enough by UPS smartpost. After opening it up I must admit to being pretty underwhelmed. I even checked the atari.com website to see what the thing was supposed to look like. I'll check the contents and transfer speed later. Basically the laser etched Atari logo is not worth paying anything for in my opinion.

Mine finally arrived last weekend for pick-up, but I wasn't able to get it until today. No update from Atari; it just arrived.