IGNORED

Flashback: The Quest For Identity - Cheats?

Atari Nut

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, Atari Nut said:

Anyone know of any cheats for this?  I'm stuck on morph planet with only one shield, and I can't progress any further.  I also lost the ability to start at the beginning of the level.

I do not know of any cheats but the game is always fair so this still should be feasible even with only one shield. The trick with the morphs is to keep rolling, when they morph and then shoot them. Where are you stuck though? Usually you can go somewhere and reload the shield. The only harder part of that level aside from figuring out how to end it is the "Boss level" with several morphs where you have to shoot something else too... If you are stuck there with only one shield, Iguess you habe to get really good at evading... 😕

2 hours ago, PeterG said:

I do not know of any cheats but the game is always fair so this still should be feasible even with only one shield. The trick with the morphs is to keep rolling, when they morph and then shoot them. Where are you stuck though? Usually you can go somewhere and reload the shield. The only harder part of that level aside from figuring out how to end it is the "Boss level" with several morphs where you have to shoot something else too... If you are stuck there with only one shield, Iguess you habe to get really good at evading... 😕

I'm at the bottom of a chasm.  I try rolling as best I could but can't do it.  There are no shield reloads anywhere nearby.  I ended up throwing in the towel.

Ah and you can't take the elevator to the top anymore? (If this is where I think it is.) Well if it is any consolation, you almost beat the game as in you saw the coolest parts of it along the way. I knew that I really struggled back in the day, played it on the Jaguar in my youth, then some time ago I gave it another go on an xbox and it was kind of nice to see it without slowdowns and everything and it didn't feel so difficult anymore but yeah... maybe some day you will pic it up again from the start like I did almost twenty years later. :D

I played through it completely on the Jaguar back in the day.  I was just revisiting it and wanted to do it on the PS4.  Before I gave up, I was able to get back to the start of this level but I can't even get to the point I am stuck at now.  I just can't enjoy something that is so difficult without a way to get through if all else fails.  Thanks anyways.