IGNORED

Shipping to UK

Hi,

I did send a DM of this question, as I seem to remember reading in some threads that the AA Store no longer ships to the UK 😞 which would explain why the estimate shipping on checkout errors when I try and enter a UK postcode.

Perhaps someone could just confirm or deny that is the case?

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack

• 1 month later...

@Albert can you confirm if the UK ordering situation is the same as before. ie. orders over $200 and we put them through as Ireland and add that it's actually for the UK in the notes and they're processed by UK customs as normal. Or are the new proceedures in place where we can place an order through the store and you take care of the duty on your end.

Asking as there's a group of us standing by to place either one big order or a couple of smaller (still over $200 each...) orders.

@Albert @juansolo - got my order in the cart, try and checkout, choose my shipping method and up pops "Your shipping details have changed, please click on the "Show Shipping Rates" button again to recalculate shipping for your new address." and it pops up every time I try and checkout, re-select shipping rate, press continue, up pops the same message each time...

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack

1 minute ago, Jetboot Jack said:

@Albert @juansolo - got my order in the cart, try and checkout, choose my shipopoin gmethod and up pops "Your shipping details have changed, please click on the "Show Shipping Rates" button again to recalculate shipping for your new address." and it pops up every time I try and checkout, re-select shipping rate, press continue, up pops the same message each time..

Can you send me your shipping address privately so I can try and reproduce (and hopefully fix) this?  Man, I cannot wait until I get the store moved to new software.

Thank you,

..Al

@Albert - FIXED - you must have a province in the address, never use that normally, but once I added Surrey the order moved forward, but the form did not highlight a province was a mandatory field!

Sorry for the "panic"!

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jetboot Jack said:

@Albert - FIXED - you must have a province in the address, never use that normally, but once I added Surrey the order moved forward, but the form did not highlight a province was a mandatory field!

Sorry for the "panic"!

Great, glad to hear you were able to get the order through!

What I'm likely to do is refund the VAT for any UK orders over £135, as one person was charged again for VAT for a large order over that amount, and I do not want to happen again (since I ended up eating that cost).  What's supposed to happen with those packages is they will be treated as was done previously to the rules introduced in 2021.  That is, VAT will be collected when a package arrives in the UK.  Packages under £135 should be fine, though.  Of course, when one releases many games into the store at once, orders tend to be over that amount.

With the new store software, I should be able to only collect VAT when orders are under that threshold. 

..Al

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've just tried placing an order and after completing the final processing page received a garbled error message.  I'm unsure if the order form does not recognise the value that I entered into the "Province" field or if the issue is something else.

@Albert Have you decided if you will refund VAT charged for orders in excess of £135?