IGNORED

Best Electronics Announcement

Breakpack

Hey I emailed Best Electronics on 9-21-03 about ordering some parts for my 5200 controller (well the Start,Pause,Reset buttons)and the sent an email back saying: " We have had a major Atari CX52 parts upgrade project in the works for the last 5 - 6 months. In about a week to week in a half, you will see a Major announcement at the Best Web site. It is one of those type announcements that if you did not wait for, you would kick yourself after you see it.

Regards,

Bradley Koda

"

Anyone know whats happenin'?Guess we'll have to wait & see...Im pretty psyched about fixin my 5200 controllers.Sounds kool! :D

I got told to wait a couple weeks as well when I e-mailed t hem about ordering parts for the joysticks too.... I've been wondering about it since then....arrr I wonder what..... In three days it will be two weeks since they replied... Still no update on their site...

Personaly I think that they are going to release new versions of the fire buttons and possibly the numeric keypad with gold contacts like they have of the Auxilary button pad... But previously mentioned possibilaties sound so much cooler.

I wanna know now!

I'd put my money on it being gold plated contacts for the six dot fire buttons, similar to what they've done for the Start-Pause-Reset buttons.

Gold plated buttons for the numeric keypad may happen as well, but I doubt too many of these wear out due to heavy use like the other buttons.

Gold plated buttons for the numeric keypad may happen as well, but I doubt too many of these wear out due to heavy use like the other buttons.

The # and * buttons on most of the 5200 numeric keypads I've found never work....if I can even get the start button to work that is...so I think I'd go for the best I can get....

• 2 weeks later...
They really ought to just make a Wico-style 5200 joystick, as well as parts. Personally I'd rather have a good joystick than having to get parts to fix my 5200 joysticks all the time.

When you buy parts for your 5200 controllers from best, you aren't supposed to need to buy parts for those controllers again anytime soon. The parts from best are redesigned to not die so easily.

So for $27 and some work every button contact (two sets of fire buttons, numeric keypad, aux keypad, and the flex circuit) on your 5200 controller can be gold-on-gold.

Or for $32 you can swap your controller for an all-gold-contact one.

Or for $38 you can outright purchase an all-gold-contact controller.

Voch

Well, my parts arived today...all gold dots :-D I put them in my controllers. Of cource, they work great... it's nice acctually being able to use my 5200 for once....it's funny... The 5200 was my first Atari system...got it with non-functional controllers....around the time I joined here..and I waited untill now to try to order parts for them.

Now I have to go to work and won't be home untill 10:45PM at the earliest :-(

Well, my parts arived today...all gold dots :-D  I put them in my controllers.  Of cource, they work great... it's nice acctually being able to use my 5200 for once....it's funny... The 5200 was my first Atari system...got it with non-functional controllers....around the time I joined here..and I waited untill now to try to order parts for them.  

Now I have to go to work and won't be home untill 10:45PM at the earliest :-(

I'm in the process of ordering the gold parts......play a game for me!! ;)

What did you guys order?  Did you replace everything with gold?  Just the buttons or the flex circuit too?

My two sticks have the Rev 9 flex circuit.  Should I just get the buttons?

I was in a dilemma too,having just ordered 2 new rev 9 flex circuits(non gold).Im ordering everything (including a gold flex circuit)to repair 1 controller (I have 3)Im gonna find out how well this works.IF I dont need the gold flex circuits,then I wont order 2 more,just the gold buttons for the other 2 controllers.