IGNORED

For Sale: Two Atari SLM804 Printers, Unused in Original Boxes

Iconman

Hello.  I am new to the AtariAge forums.  I decided to join as I figured this would be the best place to put this listing.

I recently picked up two Atari SLM804 printers that are unused in the original boxes.  Both boxes have significant wear on the bottoms as it seems that they have been pushed around on the floor for decades.  The first box was opened, but, as you can see from the pictures, all of the contents are unused.  The bottom of the first box is falling out from all of the wear on the bottom.  The second box is still taped shut and the bottom of this box is still holding together.

I do not own a computer compatible with these printers, so I am looking to sell them.  I am asking $1500 per printer.  Due to their very heavy weight and size, I do not want to ship them and would like to sell them as pickup only.  I am located in Wrightstown, NJ.

I have purposely not opened the one box that is sealed as I know that some people may prefer to have it completely unopened.  However, I do not have a problem opening it if a potential buyer would like to check its contents.  Honestly, I would like to check them, but I do understand the value of having it sealed.

If you would like more pictures of anything specific, please feel free to ask.  Thank you for your interest.

Atari SLM804_1.jpg

Atari SLM804_2.jpg

Atari SLM804_3.jpg

Atari SLM804_4.jpg

Atari SLM804_5.jpg

Atari SLM804_6.jpg

Atari SLM804_7.jpg

Edited by Iconman
I am removing the option to ship.

My buddy had one of these back in the day. I remember they didn't come with enough RAM to print out a full page in the desktop publishing software, Calamus. I think he purchased more RAM. I don't think it would be that hard to max out the RAM these days.

I looked at the original price of this and...

Atari's complete PostScript-compatible system lists for $3999 suggested retail, less than the suggested retail price of any single PostScript laser printer. A single Apple LaserWriter NT II, including only 35 fonts, sells for $4999. The IBM Personal PagePrinter, with 43 fonts, is also $4999.

YIKES! That price. I forgot how much laser printers were back then. 
This will definitely be for someone who wants to complete their ST collection of peripherals and due to its original cost, this wasn't something most people could afford. That being said, printers, even Laserprinters aren't exactly one of those sought after items. I think there is also a required interface to hook those up to the ST. I don't suppose that came in the box? (I'm assuming not). If not, those are also kinda rare so this is going to be something for a very special ST collector.

1 hour ago, Justin Payne said:

My buddy had one of these back in the day. I remember they didn't come with enough RAM to print out a full page in the desktop publishing software, Calamus. I think he purchased more RAM. I don't think it would be that hard to max out the RAM these days.

I looked at the original price of this and...

YIKES! That price. I forgot how much laser printers were back then. 
This will definitely be for someone who wants to complete their ST collection of peripherals and due to its original cost, this wasn't something most people could afford. That being said, printers, even Laserprinters aren't exactly one of those sought after items. I think there is also a required interface to hook those up to the ST. I don't suppose that came in the box? (I'm assuming not). If not, those are also kinda rare so this is going to be something for a very special ST collector.

This interface is included with the printer.  Is this the interface you are talking about or is there some other interface?

Atari SLM804_8.jpg

Atari SLM804_9.jpg

• 7 months later...

I still have my Atari SLM 804 and I bought mine in 1991 or 1992 maybe earlier but it was only about $200 if that, but used with no box. It probably no longer works as I had it in a shed. Don't ask me why as I usually always take care of my stuff. Toner is not a problem but the drums are no longer available. Were you able to sell yours? They do look great!