IGNORED

Latest Yastuna games now available at Songbird

Songbird

I was conflicted on that Vikings Saga release when it was first announced.  Honestly, I think the practice of limiting the release of the first installment to a pricey limited edition with only 15 available is an awful business practice.  Why would anybody want to play episodes 2 & 3 when they can't start with 1?  I just don't understand it.  So I never picked that one up.

But I like to support Songbird, thus my conflict.  Aww, what the heck...I'll grab all three of these.

• Like 2

To sum up on Vikings Saga :

Last year, I kind of make a tool that reuse the Ynxa engine to let people create games with no code. Of course, platformers only, with same kind of limitations than Ynxa (fixed screen, 1 ennemy per screen, ...) and no power-up/upgrade during game. Games are also shorter ("only" a max 16 levels of 9 screens each, so 144 screens max but as you can navigate through them, go back & forth, it can takes time)

Rygar liked the tool and created 2 games for his own fun. One is the story of the viking thant want to deliver his fairy, the other if the story of the fairy that want to escape from the castle to find his viking. Same starting point (the witch kidnapped the fairy), but 2 independant games.

Then he started to think about putting them in a nice bundle and sell them at no cost (Remember he is probably the biggest Lynx collector in the world, but also like to share, he already made 20 games of Bitchy that he gave for free to celebrate the 20th Atari Lynx birthday).

While doing this, he created a third game, shorter, and mostly in black & white.

He asked me to flash 45 carts (15 for each games), bought 15 wooden box, lots of goodies (I think some of them are coming from Iceland), and put them on sale, thinking it would take months to sell them, based on his previous experience (yes, it took quite some time to give the 20 Bitchy as in order to get the game, you had to win a small demo, and less than 20 people entered at the beginning, games have been distributed over months, so he thought there was no audience for selling 15 deluxe edition of his Vikings games at more than 100€).

We also agreed on the fact I would sale the first 2 games after, in case there is still some demand, and that the 3rd one would remain exclusive to the wooden box.

Then happened what we all know, the games have been sold in less than 1 day (so at a better rate than whatever game I have put on sale these past 18 months, apart maybe Ynxa). Probably because it was a limited release.

As promised, I have put the 2 games on sale, still in a bundle to lower price (didn't want to sale each one for 40€), with the Vikings Saga name, and the third game remains a bonus game as Rygar wanted.

So these 2 games are the story Rygar intended in the beginning, the third one was a bonus game made afterwhile. all games are independant, no need to play one to play or understand the other. Just like you don't need to play a Link to the Past to be able to play Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Bros 1 before the 3...

• Like 3