IGNORED

1050 fascia 3D print file

xrbrevin

i recently acquired a 1050 for spares which came without a fascia. happily the drive was easily resurrected with just a new zero sensor so i designed a fascia for 3D printing.

it might also be of use for people who add switches to their drive - no need to drill the original, just print an expendable one!

cura.jpg

1050 fascia.stl

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

i have a glass buildplate so i printed the thing face-down. this gives it a nice smooth finish except for the area around the power switch/LED. this required supports which has left a rough finish, i think if i apply decorators tape at the point where supports end and fascia begins then it should improve. to determine this i may have to print another prototype and observe the print height (z-axis) at the time.

the max width is 193mm. i had to adjust my printer settings in the slicer software - increase the width of the buildplate in small increments until the object became valid. when printing, there was still decent room on either side 🙃

this design is for the Tandon 1050s, we dont seem to get the World Storage ones in the UK.

i will take pics tomorrow in natural light and upload them to here. i doubt my camera could handle a black object under artificial light!

• Like 2