IGNORED

onEscape - game

Poison

2 hours ago, Wilheim said:

Update: the glitches disappear when I disable the Pokey emulation on Subcart.

something related with the emulation?

Interesting you mentioning this. I don't have the same hardware setup you do, but I did try for the first time, to play this game with the actual cartridge through my VBXE output last night. I wasn't getting the same glitches that you were showing in your video, but I do get what I can only describe as sparklies along the screen that are fixed in place on some screens and I noticed that the sparkling/twinkling effect of the pixels doing this seem to increase and decrease with the music. It is really noticeable on the title screen. My hardware is a 130xe with the VBXE running the new NTSC palette core and a TKII with dual pokeys for my stereo output. Switching to mono mode didn't change this effect either so it did seem to be tied to audio somehow?

Speaking, I have the audio ran separately off the TKII to the left/right inputs on the 9pin mini din I use for my RGB output so it is separate from the RGB although it all uses the same ground on the MD9 output of course.

53 minutes ago, Wilheim said:

Yeah, but I want the Pokey emulation to hear the stereo music.

There is a beta release of the Subcart firmware that includes some fixes for the Pokey emulation. Maybe you can try that? There is a link for it in the Subcart thread here on AA 

Edited by scorpio_ny
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Interesting you mentioning this. I don't have the same hardware setup you do, but I did try for the first time, to play this game with the actual cartridge through my VBXE output last night. I wasn't getting the same glitches that you were showing in your video, but I do get what I can only describe as sparklies along the screen that are fixed in place on some screens and I noticed that the sparkling/twinkling effect of the pixels doing this seem to increase and decrease with the music. It is really noticeable on the title screen. My hardware is a 130xe with the VBXE running the new NTSC palette core and a TKII with dual pokeys for my stereo output. Switching to mono mode didn't change this effect either so it did seem to be tied to audio somehow?

Speaking, I have the audio ran separately off the TKII to the left/right inputs on the 9pin mini din I use for my RGB output so it is separate from the RGB although it all uses the same ground on the MD9 output of course.

Have you tried swapping the Ic 74ls08 with a 74f08? Maybe it could

improve the graphics.

3 hours ago, scorpio_ny said:

There is a beta release of the Subcart firmware that includes some fixes for the Pokey emulation. Maybe you can try that? There is a link for it in the Subcart thread here on AA 

I already updated it. Thanks for your suggestion!