IGNORED

Twitter Panic - new game from the LynxJam'22

Fadest

Twitter Panic relates the story of a rather unknow social network of the 20s called Twitter.

I was during the dark time of trolls, fake news, and takeover that fortunately are over now.

You play a a fresh employee for Twitter, in charge of moderation.

There are 6 levels, with difficulty ramp-up. If your score is under 0, you lose.

Each level is inspired by a few real Twitter events/dramas.

Usually, you complete a level when you reach a given score. Apart level 4, where you have to complete a challenge in a given time.

In the sixth level, there is also a limited (not displayed) timer, so your goal is to keep the max of $ to make a high score once the game is over.

The game is fully playable, there are still some parts missing. Especially, I'd like to add SFX and music, more cut-scenes, and maybe more levels (this blue-mark thing should really be in the game :D )

Twitter Panic by Fadest (itch.io)

Current world record is by Fei :

Capture_decran_2022-12-08_a_23.43.25.png

• Like 5

Love it! My favourite this year! Original concept, very funny - which is not an easy task with on a 8-bit handheld system - and really playable

I have a few suggestions for visibility/gameplay:

- The selected screen could be a bit more obvious imo. At the moment it's just a little underscore symbol that the brain can lose when a lot of things happen.

- more twitter troll faces? Maybe fake trolls too?

- money earned based on speed reaction?

- more cool cut scenes :)

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 1

Thanks you.

Very good ideas here.

Maybe you should look at your hand to know where you are (joking, the hand movement/position is just for fun, but not really helpfull). Also, there is a green/blue background for the screen selected (if there is a face on it), but maybe it fall inside daltonism issue ?

More faces ? Remember there is only around 32kb for all assets ;)
So I decided at the beginning to keep only 6 faces to not have to cut down just before deadline. I can probably add some now.
And also, it gave 1 over 6 chances for fake D. Trum to appear, and same for E. Musk when you can no more censor him.
Too much faces, and the game could become too easy (or I could be less lazy and have custom percentages based on level). But I'd definitively like to add something about cats casue they rule the Internet after all.

Money is right now quite straightforward : fixed amount depending on action multiply par level number. Apart for Musk censoring : it costs you 50% of your money (was 90% in first version, maybe a bit too much). But having a more rewarding option is a nice idea.

Fei also suggested to add a rank in the end of the game, depending on result.

I WANT to add more cut scene, the only one right now is kind of iconic/viral (and recent), but I need to find good ideas for other ones.

What I meant by new troll faces is that after you get use to the mechanics, you dont really look at the screen, your brain perceive the green troll face, so it's very unlikely you dont see it or make a mistake :)

Also, there is a green/blue background for the screen selected (if there is a face on it), but maybe it fall inside daltonism issue ?

No problem with the blue to gree screen. What I meant is that when you're waiting for tweets to happen, so everything is blue, it's not super obvious what screem you are on.

16 hours ago, Fadest said:

I WANT to add more cut scene, the only one right now is kind of iconic/viral (and recent), but I need to find good ideas for other ones.

I will gladly brainstorm on this for you :D too much nonsense happening around twitter that could be funny to see back.. employees that rage-quit, millions of bot accounts being deleted, dogecoin to the moon to name a few

• Haha 1