IGNORED

UK 2600 Power Pack Question

Jetboot Jack

You probably will not find on that long as they is unusually long for that type of power supply.

I cannot remember what type of connector is used, if it is a 3.5mm jack (like headphone) then you can probably purchase an extension cable, mono Socket to mono Jack would be best although stereo Socket to stereo Jack should also work.

Failing that you could make one, you would need a a 3.5mm Mono Jack and 3.5mm Mono Line socket. You will also need a length of Figure-8 speaker cable, the original power cable should have a white stripe down one side, which usually denotes the power so make sure to get figure-8 cable that also has an identifying stripe along one core as with will make it easier to prevent cross wiring the connections

If, however the connector is a DC power connector things become a little more difficult as they come in 2.1mm, 2.3mm & 2.5mm so you need to get the size correct.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jetboot Jack said:

Hi,

Slightly odd question, but do any of the UK peeps know of a good 2600 PSU with a long cable?

I have a couple where the cable is 1/1.5m - ideally I want a 2m or 3m long lead from the wall wart.

Any one have any suggestions?

sTeVE

Same question for the U.S.!

I measured my original Sears Tele-Games power cords.  One was ten feet long; the other 12.  Good luck finding anything longer than six feet today that isn't going to eat itself in a puff of smoke.

I got a new PSU from Old Skool Consoles just yesterday as the final piece of the puzzle and it has a really long lead on it, not sure on full length but I can have it attached at the wall near my TV and have the console pretty much next to me at the sofa.

It's a variable output PSU with a multi end, but it comes set up for the console you want it for.

Compared to my current one it's not throwing any noise out and provides enough output. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 5:51 PM, 0078265317 said:

How about just an extension cord.

Sadly my AV unit is powered by an extension cord already at one end, but is is over 2.5 m wide, so it's getting the power to the other end that's my problem - not a fan of extensions plugged into extensions 😞

sTeVE

On 12/17/2022 at 8:36 AM, Photek1000 said:

I got a new PSU from Old Skool Consoles just yesterday as the final piece of the puzzle and it has a really long lead on it, not sure on full length but I can have it attached at the wall near my TV and have the console pretty much next to me at the sofa.

It's a variable output PSU with a multi end, but it comes set up for the console you want it for.

Compared to my current one it's not throwing any noise out and provides enough output. 

That's the one I have - but mine seems shorter - or I really need nearer 3m!

I have a 2m 3.5mm jack extension on the way and a 3m micro USB cable for my RetroTINK 5X - some hopefully I am now covered 😛

sTeVE