IGNORED

December 23rd firmware update

darwinmac

@tschak909,

When I look at Fujinet.online/firmware, I see an Atari release for December 23rd (https://fujinet.online/firmware/releases_atari/fujinet-ATARI-0.5.9548198d.zip). 

However, I don’t see the release in the JSON file that’s picked up by Fujinet-flasher. Is there a problem in this firmware so you don’t want users to use this version?

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
Missing word

4 hours ago, darwinmac said:

When I look at Fujinet.online/firmware, I see an Atari release for December 23rd (https://fujinet.online/firmware/releases_atari/fujinet-ATARI-0.5.9548198d.zip). 

However, I don’t see the release in the JSON file that’s picked up by Fujinet-flasher. Is there a problem in this firmware so you don’t want users to use this version?

I had intended to release it after some testing so I put it there but did not add it to the flash tool. you are welcome to install it and report any issues. I have been using it myself and at least one other person has tested it. You can install it with the flash tool from the command line like so:

FujiNet-Flasher /path/to/firmware.zip

• Like 1

@mozzwald - For a Mac user, the command-line instruction is slightly different. 

Mac instructions:

1. Right-click on Fujinet-Flasher and select Show Package Contents (Mac applications are actually folders with special properties to the underlying BSD command line).

2. Double click the Contents and MacOS folders

3. Drag that executable to your Terminal.app program. That's easier than typing the entire path of the executable in Terminal.

4. Drag the zip file to the same Terminal window. The argument (with the path to the ZIP file) will be appended to the command line you started by dragging the Fujinet-flasher executable to Terminal.

5. Now hit Return

You should see the same instructions that you see when you double-click on the application in the Finder. Since the logs will continue to run after the flashing is complete, hit Ctrl-C to get back to a command prompt. I always make sure the output says the flashing is complete before I touch anything.

Bob C

On 12/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, darwinmac said:

3. Drag that executable to your Terminal.app program. That's easier than typing the entire path of the executable in Terminal.

Agreed.  I can also recommend cd to..., which has been one of the must-install utilities on my machines for about 15 years or so now.

Nothing wrong with either approach - it's just good to have options.

Good point. That reminds me that, at least in newer macOS versions, you can use a Service to open the current directory in Terminal. I forgot to mention that. I have not heard of that utility, but it would be handy if I was using a macOS version that didn’t have the service I referred to. 

Bob C

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:17 PM, mozzwald said:

I had intended to release it after some testing so I put it there but did not add it to the flash tool. you are welcome to install it and report any issues. I have been using it myself and at least one other person has tested it. You can install it with the flash tool from the command line like so:

FujiNet-Flasher /path/to/firmware.zip

I can't get this to work (command prompt, Windows 10).  Any command line argument (even an empty one) just causes the flasher to not launch.  I've verified I am using the latest flasher from 2/28/2022 but also tried the older one, and got same behaviour.

Thanks to ggn on the IRC channel, I was told to try piping output to a text file.  I can confirm, that on the Windows 64 builds of this flasher (including the newest one from today), when using command line parameters, the GUI does not load, and we also get no standard output.  It has to be piped to a file.  Knowing this, I will try flashing the beta firmware from 12-23 tomorrow.