IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Has something changed in the website software in the last week or two? I used to be able to access the site from my Android phone OK, but now the site is displaying as 'text only' and is pretty much impossible to navigate.

Using Firefox on Android here with no issues.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Has something changed in the website software in the last week or two? I used to be able to access the site from my Android phone OK, but now the site is displaying as 'text only' and is pretty much impossible to navigate.

Do you mean this website?  No, nothing has changed, but I do suggest clearing your browser cache, as it sounds like only a portion of the pages are loading (possibly the style sheets are not loading for some reason, which would result in an appearance similar to what you described).  I've not had any other such reports.

..Al

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Not just for headaches, but for any ailment known to man as well, at least in America :lol: The most overused drug in the universe...

So,uh..I should I guess just put this one back, uh..in the bottle I guess.. nevermind, I wasn't really reaching for aspirin.. just looking at the bottle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

Not just for headaches, but for any ailment known to man as well, at least in America :lol: The most overused drug in the universe...

Except in the military... what, you got a broken leg?  800mg ibuprofen.  They call that "Ranger Candy."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Paracetamol is usually sold by the brand name Thomapyrin, but I think there is also a combination drug that is called Paracetamol. Funny that Tylenol is known in so many countries, but not here. Wikipedia says: As of 2021, the "Tylenol" brand was used in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Myanmar, Netherlands, Oman, Paraguay, the Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Vietnam.

Probably patent stories.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheBF said:

I think in UK Tylenol is called Paracetamol.  Is that in Germany as well? 

I think we are not as brand loyal in the EU as the US.  I just look for generic paracetamol or ibuprofen and get whichever is cheapest.  A doctor or dentist might well say to take ibuprofen but not specify a brand.  Panadol and Nurofen would just be the most common brands I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Why are there no aspirin in the jungle? Because the parrots ate 'em all. ;-)

Re-read it five times, got it. Not too easy for non-native speakers. ;-)

2 hours ago, SteveB said:

Thomapyrin is Ibuprofen with Coffein.

Proves that I'm not really fluent in pharmacy language. Or maybe the Wikipedia entry is unclear.