IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

You know what makes me feel old? Seeing how many of my friends and contemporaries are not aging well. Being I have a peer-comparison relationship with them I feel like I am somehow lagging behind, which then creates an internal disconnection conflict. I am not compelled to resolve this conflict.

More to the background story, I am glad to have been alive to see the Berlin Wall while it was up, to see it fall, and to understand and appreciate the differences between the two eras.

• Like 5

Want to feel older?

Today is what press call the circle day: We have equality between the time while the Berlin Wall stood, and the time between the fall and today.

I was standing on the East-Berlin-side of The Wall once, I think it was in 1983, and I feel and I felt that it was 1883.

So, I am old :)

PS: Find a photo story here

Hey all, I'm in desperate need of this product...

http://www.saelig.com/product/MIO001.htm

Unfortunately, it's been discontinued a long time ago, i guess folks just weren't buying enough of them to keep production going.

Do any of you understand this stuff enough to make a wiring diagram (I'm guessing some micro controller maybe needed as well) for such an adaptor?

Before everyone gives advise on NOT needing this, let me explain why I DO.

It's for my Amiga.

I currently have SDNet from ARANANET. It's an adaptor the fits into the microsd slot of my vampire card. the adaptor has two things on it, and ethernet adaptor and a microsd slot. -

It cannot operate as an SD card reader and ethernet at the same time. But with a few shell commands, you can swap the operation from one to the other, so you can use this as an ethernet adaptor AND an SD card reader, but not at the same time.

I also have a PC floppy drive that comes with a USB card reader and a female USB port built in (there are two 4pin USB headers coming out of the back of the floppy drive)

My Plan -

1. (the easy part) - The USB 2.0 port has it's own 4 pin header. I'm going to put a male USB plug on the end of that so I can plug it into a gotech (essentially moving the USB gotek plug to the floppy drive).
2. (The hard part) - I want to use the multi-card reader's USB header to plug into the microsd slot of the arananet so I can use the multi card reader as well instead of just the microsd card reader on the ARANAET.

This could be easily achieved if the Mobidaptor was still available to order. But they are not and do not seem to be available from anyplace nor does it seem anyone has made anything else that fulfills this purpose.

I'd like to make my own. But lack the design knowledge.
Edited by Sinphaltimus

is this similar to what you need?

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/usb-to-sd-card-with-usb_60557844264.html

doh! edit to add from here you had to buy 200+ of them :P guess that's not helpful.

Nah, that's just an extender for USB and SD slot, they don't interact (No USB over SD or vice versa)

Special NOTES:

This item that contains two saparate extenders which work for related slot (usb extender to usb slot; and sd extender to sd slot),

but currently it does not have the capability of converting accross the other slot (for example the usb extender converting the sd slot and the sd extender converting the usb slot).

doh, ok- sorry about that. i'm looking around for you, too

Thanks, I appreciate it, at this time, i think it's going to be waiting for someone to create an open source project around this. funny how only one company ever made one product and then it's gone for good. My specific need never really existed before now and the low cost of SD cards eliminated the need for a ThumbDrive conversion.

The simple solution is to NOT use the PC floppy with built in card reader and usb and instead just use regular Amiga floppies and get an SD card extender plus a USB extender.

But that would mean I purchased the PC to Amiga floppy adaptor for no reason other than to be able to use a PC floppy should one of my Amiga drives fail.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I was standing on the East-Berlin-side of The Wall once, I think it was in 1983, and I feel and I felt that it was 1883.

So, I am old :)

PS: Find a photo story here

Yeah, I was in East Berlin around late July or early August of 1983. I took a course in Trier, West Germany that completed my third and fourth semester of German requirements. My last week there, our class spent a week seeing Berlin with a couple of excursions onto the other side. First time I ever went to a restaurant where they had run out of food and could only serve beer. A gentleman took us to another restaurant that had food where we ate. Later, discovered he was a big Elvis Presley fan with a number of original albums were smuggled.

Those 7 weeks were some of the best 7 weeks I have ever had.

Beery

• Like 1

HELP. Yeah, I forgot all my electronics training from HS and I can't seem to understand things I'm searching for. Use it or lose it they say. they are correct.

I purchase a box of assorted LEDs and misread the labels when i ordered. I thought I was ordering assorted 3v and 6v LEDS but that's not the case.
all the LEDs are max ratings of 2.2V or 3.2V when i actually needed 5V LEDs so I'm trying to figure out how to lower the voltage from 5V to 3V in-line.

I thought this might be the solution but they are talking current and not voltage, I'm unsure of the current I'm dealing with.

http://www.instructables.com/topics/How-to-change-5v-into-3v-using-only-resistors/