IGNORED

Impossible Mission - impossible forever? Plus/4 port

Heaven/TQA

On 1/7/2023 at 12:52 AM, rensoup said:

Supposedly the oric version isn't as good though... I haven't played it, just some comment I read.

Even without the source I doubt the biggest hurdle is the limited charset, I don't see what prevents the use of multi charsets.

Having had a look at a video of the P4 version my impression is, that the amount of used chars in the rooms isn't very high anyway, plus a bit repetitive.

You probably wouldn't even need to switch charsets mid screen.

In the elevator segment you should probably do a char set switch for the panel on the bottom, but that's it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steril707 said:

You probably wouldn't even need to switch charsets mid screen.

Often easier in these cases to flip to another charset for just the top half of tall objects, e.g. for those rows I've marked on the left in dark green.

image.thumb.png.2b1e715e2b1d109de2b6d33cf8946791.png

[Edit] probably better to include the row above too as some objects stretch up to the ceiling, then makes a nice 3/3 split on the rows 

Edited by Wrathchild
  • Like 4

When I saw the title of this thread it reminded me of the 7800 version which actually had a bug(s) that made the game truly impossible to finish. A hack of it was done and renamed "Possible Mission."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 year later...

I see there is now an Atari Lynx homebrew of IM.  I realize that the Lynx has a separate blitter / graphics capability, but it's 6502 based...not that it's any easier than porting the Plus/4 version, but just an added reference point.

• Like 1