IGNORED

WTB: 1.2MB 5.25" IBM-compatible floppy disk drive

x=usr(1536)

Just had the 5.25" floppy drive used with my Kryoflux bite the big one.  Looking for a working replacement; please let me know what you may have available and we can go from there.

Note that it would be extremely helpful to me if you could let me know the manufacturer and model of the drive that you have so that I can verify compatibility.

May be open to a 3.5" / 5.25" combo drive depending on manufacturer.

9 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Just had the 5.25" floppy drive used with my Kryoflux bite the big one.  Looking for a working replacement; please let me know what you may have available and we can go from there.

Note that it would be extremely helpful to me if you could let me know the manufacturer and model of the drive that you have so that I can verify compatibility.

May be open to a 3.5" / 5.25" combo drive depending on manufacturer.

I have an extra Panasonic JU-475-4 that I bought as a spare when I had my kryo. 

Crazy how pricey 5¼ drives are these days.  10 years ago you couldn't give them away.

I don't have any spare drives, but I do recommend a Mitsumi D509V3, and there's usually a few on eBay.  I paid $30 for mine a few months ago.

It may not be anything you need, but it has a jumper to change it from 1.2 HD to 360K LD.  It also automatically changes RPM from 360 to 300.  I removed the jumper plug and wired in a switch which is installed on the back of the tweener computer to change the setting.

Makes perfect 360K disks that can be read on any older PC and with a flip of a switch, it does 1.2mb again.

• Like 1