IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 18 - Game 2 - Blockade Runner

[Intellivision HSC Season 18]

[Game 2]

Blockade Runner

Blockade_Runner.jpg.7a6f3f5af4fc4c64efc02ccd86a707a2.jpg

Blockade Runner by Interphase 1983

An Interphase Video Adventure! You're the commander and pilot of a merchant space freighter fleet. Your command ship is IVS 103. You have four ships in your fleet. Your cargo contains vital supplies for your home base on the planet Earth, but your path is blockaded by an alien fleet. Your only chance of running past the blockade is to travel through an asteroid belt to escape detection by enemy radar. You're viewing the galaxy as it unfolds before you. 

blockade_runner.gif.ffba1f9acdb9d02ec7a4862b9ae61f19.gif

ROM Download Link

https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Go to zip)(Then scroll down for Blockade Runner (1983)(Interphase).zip

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Blockade Runner

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PLAYER'S CHOICE (PICK WHATEVER MODE YOU WANT TO PLAY)

Game Objective

Soaring through time and space navigate your merchant freighter fleet through the blockade. Steer away and avoid colliding with asteroids. Get the deadly robot mines in your aiming crosshairs and blast them with your guided missiles. Be careful not to run out of fuel. Steer your freighters into blue ice crystals as they will re-fuel your ship. If you get far enough into the game you will face off against the ruthless alien mother ships. Beware of their plasma weapons, three hits and your ship is toast. Try to shoot them with your guided missiles, but be careful because these alien ships are very tricky. Score as many points as you can in the process, be aware in this game your score can go negative. Can you make it through the blockade?

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 15,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 30,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 45,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +3.  

Interphase Virtual Patch Bonus

Join the "SPACE FISHING RAIDERS"
You will receive an Interphase Virtual Patch Bonus if you score 25,000 points or more. Collect all the silly patches this season.... :P 

image.png.241dfbd398b1cf433108788e15c25dd5.png

Season Theme: Flying / Falling Objects

Contest Ends
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH 11:59:59 PM

(FINAL SCORES)

101,180 - Rickster8 - MISSION COMPLETE!!! PATCHED [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD][+3 BONUS POINTS]

30,430 - wongojack - PATCHED [+12][+2 BONUS POINTS]

22,860 - jimblargh [+11][1 BONUS POINT]

----------------------------------------------------------------

21,940 - wolfy62 [+9][+1 BONUS POINT]

16,940 - lupovax [+8][+1 BONUS POINT]

16,620 - Player One [+7][+1 BONUS POINT]

4,900 - JacobZu7zu7 [+6]

-12,540 - jblenkle [+5]

-12,850 - fakecortex [+4]

-18,790 - gar0u [+3]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After River Raid

21 - Sprazzi (1 PATCH)

15 - IntyFanMatt (1 PATCH)

12 - Rickster8 (1 PATCH)

10 - wongojack

8 - Northcoastgamer

7 - JacobZu7zu7

6 - Player One

5 - lupovax

4 - wolfy62

3 - jimblargh

2 - gar0u

1 - fakecortex

1 - patbb

Games Won

1 - Sprazzi - River Raid

Sneak Preview:

Tron Deadly Discs - GOLD medal winner 1st choice

Edited by Rickster8
Correction made
  • Like 1

Guess I'll start this one off. Pretty cool game if you know what you're doing. I partially do, but have more to learn no doubt. @mr_me This seems like a game right up your alley? 🤷‍♂️

Patch ME!!! I am now a charter member of the 'Space Fishing Raiders' 😜

image.png.6bfe4be608f60fedcc912e117f4570c2.png

28,480 - Default settings - Control option 1

974234284_BLOCKADERUNNER28480EMU.jpg.c42d60fc6934d99a18e2094c76477cc7.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Wait,some progress!

This game is actually a little entertaining.  Perfect game choice, because I never gave this game a chance before. 👍

+6,95020230130_183823.thumb.jpg.8a6bfe895e266002b2c45b9ea8611ceb.jpg

Yeah it's 'kind' of fun, but hard to get better at fast... PATIENCE GRASSHOPPA, PATIENCE!!! :P 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:59 PM, wolfy62 said:

Here's a better score:

+21,940

I want to see someone make it the complete distance to whatever the destination is!👍

20230130_185420.thumb.jpg.34d8a3b431c58f83f42c347973fb7329.jpg

Yeah that would be awesome, but I haven't seen it done yet..... 🥺

What sucks is that when the grey spaceship comes out it's LIGHTS OUT!!! :( 

I think they blew it with that aspect of the game... His missiles can we reach us, but ours cannot reach him... REALLY??? How friggin STUPID!!!!! 🙄🤦‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2023 at 7:19 PM, wolfy62 said:

That's what I gotta figure out,the Grey enemy spaceship!

Did you read the manual?  I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like the scene from Top Gun might work.

"I'm gonna hit the brakes and they'll fly right by us."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

Did you read the manual?  I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like the scene from Top Gun might work.

It's funny you said that because within the last week I actually just watched that movie for the first time in my life. Not kidding. Took sooooooo much abuse for never seeing it before. The jet scenes were awesome, story line was good and the cast was great, but I gotta be truthful here, it was one of the cringiest and cheesiest movies I've ever seen. With the vomit laiden kissing scenes 🤮 and the song he sings in the bar meant just for Kelly M. NAUSEATING!!!! 🤮 The second hand embarrassment in that movie was awful.... I can see why people love it, but I was left disappointed.... Is what it is. I heard the sequel is MUCH better.... 👍

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

3 hours ago, gar0u said:

I did finally read the manual yesterday. It's amazing what I can learn from those!😄

I need to play enough to figure it out,that sounds like the right idea.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

It's funny you said that because within the last week I actually just watched that movie for the first time in my life. Not kidding. Took sooooooo much abuse for never seeing it before. The jet scenes were awesome, story line was good and the cast was great, but I gotta be truthful here, it was one of the cringiest and cheesiest movies I've ever seen. With the vomit laiden kissing scenes 🤮 and the song he sings in the bar meant just for Kelly M. NAUSEATING!!!! 🤮 The second hand embarrassment in that movie was awful.... I can see why people love it, but I was left disappointed.... Is what it is. I heard the sequel is MUCH better.... 👍

Dude, the sequel is amazing. Best sequel I’ve ever seen, since Empire Strikes Back…no lie. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I always thought the love scenes were weird too - even bitd when I didn't really know any better.

29 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Dude, the sequel is amazing. Best sequel I’ve ever seen, since Empire Strikes Back…no lie. 

The sequel has the advantage of having a coherent plot, but it borrows soooo heavily from the first movie that it is almost a re-make.  Good thing they had access to the original soundtrack because it is used A LOT.  I also kind of miss the second-hand embarrasment of the original love story because the love story in this movie could be dropped completely.  It is so boring that you are just waiting for those scenes to be over.  I won't mention my biggest comparison point between the two movies because it would spoil it, but I would just go into thinking more - "great flick" as opposed to "greatest sequel of all time."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I always thought the love scenes were weird too - even bitd when I didn't really know any better.

The sequel has the advantage of having a coherent plot, but it borrows soooo heavily from the first movie that it is almost a re-make.  Good thing they had access to the original soundtrack because it is used A LOT.  I also kind of miss the second-hand embarrasment of the original love story because the love story in this movie could be dropped completely.  It is so boring that you are just waiting for those scenes to be over.  I won't mention my biggest comparison point between the two movies because it would spoil it, but I would just go into thinking more - "great flick" as opposed to "greatest sequel of all time."

It certainly isn’t the greatest sequel of all time…that goes to Empire. But I thoroughly enjoyed Maverick. Was an awesome theater experience as well. 

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.04668a827324efde2832e272e388a25d.png

I think that to destroy the gray ship, you have to slow down, but then speed up to get it in closer.  I hit it in two different games and it turned to yellow.  I guess it could have just been launching it's weapon, but I swear it actually turned yellow.  Anyway, I think the trick is to vary speed to get it in range.  There is definitely a way to kill it because the manual says you get a whopping 5000 points for destroying one.

• Like 1

Quick Blockade Runner Scoring Update:

32,660 - Rickster8 - PATCH (2 BONUS POINTS)

30,430 - wongojack - PATCH (2 BONUS POINTS)

21,940 - wolfy62 (1 BONUS POINT)

10,810 - lupovax

-12,850 - fakecortex

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

image.thumb.png.04668a827324efde2832e272e388a25d.png

I think that to destroy the gray ship, you have to slow down, but then speed up to get it in closer.  I hit it in two different games and it turned to yellow.  I guess it could have just been launching it's weapon, but I swear it actually turned yellow.  Anyway, I think the trick is to vary speed to get it in range.  There is definitely a way to kill it because the manual says you get a whopping 5000 points for destroying one.

Well done... :P 

image.png.7d7de4e1f3933d8762c88a2ff6a739e2.png

• Like 1