IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller Boxes

Machine

2 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply you should do this at a loss, and didn't know you made controllers in the past. I just doubled what I've seen controllers going for to get a naive estimate. Overall, I'm not a box guy but thought it'd be an interesting way to amortize costs.

No problem at all. I was just pointing out how much everything has gone up in the last few years. I sold my last batch (about 5 years ago) for $120 and I just barely broke even. I have figured out a few things, but just the pure cost of everything is shocking.

I did not do professional printed boxes last time. I actually had to apply large decals to all six sides of the box. It looked nice, but the decals drove up the cost. Plus you end up taking a loss on a lot of things when figuring out the process. I probably spent over $100 on just the rotary knobs before I found one that was to my liking. I wanted it to have weight and be on the larger size. I also have a pile of the decals that were all printed at the wrong size.

I am hoping Sirlynx's idea of shipping flat might work but I am not banking on it. I also want to see what 1st class shipping will be, although I would need a second box to ship the first box in.....  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machine said:

No problem at all. I was just pointing out how much everything has gone up in the last few years. I sold my last batch (about 5 years ago) for $120 and I just barely broke even. I have figured out a few things, but just the pure cost of everything is shocking.

I did not do professional printed boxes last time. I actually had to apply large decals to all six sides of the box. It looked nice, but the decals drove up the cost. Plus you end up taking a loss on a lot of things when figuring out the process. I probably spent over $100 on just the rotary knobs before I found one that was to my liking. I wanted it to have weight and be on the larger size. I also have a pile of the decals that were all printed at the wrong size.

I am hoping Sirlynx's idea of shipping flat might work but I am not banking on it. I also want to see what 1st class shipping will be, although I would need a second box to ship the first box in.....  :)

Do you still make rotaries? I actually don't have a rotary but have plenty of Jaguar controllers, not sure how long it takes to mod one, otherwise when I come down to snag the box if you have a spare rotary I can bring a regular controller down to swap to you and pay the difference. Also I know I asked before but didn;t see a reply, any chance of making any pro controller boxes? I have the real and the repro pro controller but no box on those. But I am a box guy I guess

58 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Do you still make rotaries? I actually don't have a rotary but have plenty of Jaguar controllers, not sure how long it takes to mod one, otherwise when I come down to snag the box if you have a spare rotary I can bring a regular controller down to swap to you and pay the difference. Also I know I asked before but didn;t see a reply, any chance of making any pro controller boxes? I have the real and the repro pro controller but no box on those. But I am a box guy I guess

No plans on a pro-controller box. I would like to see one.

When I made the rotary controllers, I only used NOS controllers. Seems like NOS controllers are $50 plus shipping. No plans on making any, but if I ever did it again they would be expensive. 💲💲💲

I know you can send one off and have it modded, that would be your best bet. Check out ebay, I think he charges $30 for labor which is extremely cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Machine said:

So a small shipment came in. Overall I am happy with them. The size is perfect and the printing is clean and clear. I would have liked to see it more "glossy", but it was not an option for this type of box.

Pictures:

jag1.thumb.jpg.c3c564e4cad5026a055b46a718df9c3e.jpg

jag2.thumb.jpg.081d05c95b0b3e6d8057cb89928e0b5e.jpg

jag3.thumb.jpg.eae2cea6e02102a3efda8b386276099f.jpg

jag4.thumb.jpg.58b8043e524c332d504ee15e4924e283.jpg

jag5.thumb.jpg.7fd6e895ee58b069ef8882085a0d0483.jpg

That looks great! I think I'm in for one also!

• Like 1

OK, it was able to fold the box flat enough to get it in a padded 8x11 envelope. It does very slightly crease the boxes edge, but not really noticeable.

I would be OK sending it this way, but it does not come with insurance. It does however have tracking.

If people want it shipped this way, they take the risks. I have ordered a bunch of "do not fold" labels that I will toss on envelope.

I can ship it one box this way for $20 total.

There is room to fit 2 boxes this way. I will give a discount of $30 shipped for 2 boxes(usa only).

Again, if you choose to have it shipped this way and it gets damaged or creased or bent, BUYER accepts risks.

Happy to ship priority also. Tracking and insurance included. $30 shipped for one box via priority.

Please send me a pm with your FULL NAME & ADDRESS (and how you want it shipped) and I will send you paypal instructions.

I have 3 dozen boxes for sale. Chance are I will not be re-ordering these. If you want one, PM me.

Thanks!

Again, boxes are NOT glossy. They do however look extremely nice.  :)

jag3.thumb.jpg.af5b18a1299e532074f94f6f16a4157c.jpg

Edited by Machine
  • Like 3

OK. I will not be offering flat shipping.

After I was able to fold the test box flat with minimal cracking, the next 3 have not been as successful.

I do not want people ordering a box and it arriving all jacked up.

So I was able to ship one box flat, but a few other customers have been notified that flat shipping is not going to happen. Sorry.

I do not control the prices of USPS.

I can however fit up to 3 boxes in a large priority box for $17. So shipping for 1-3 boxes is a flat $17.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

Got mine today. Looks great. While not glossy, does seem more in line with how the tramiels did things(not knocking it at all, just makes seem more genuine).

It does seem kinda big though? I don't have a rotary controller so don't have one to test fit. 

All in all, I think this is what would have been the box of a rotary controller had atari actually released one.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbs123456 said:

Got mine today. Looks great. While not glossy, does seem more in line with how the tramiels did things(not knocking it at all, just makes seem more genuine).

It does seem kinda big though? I don't have a rotary controller so don't have one to test fit. 

All in all, I think this is what would have been the box of a rotary controller had atari actually released one.

Thanks!

I ordered one and don't own a rotary controller either. I'll likely use it to store my Oem pro controller inside of it.