IGNORED

oddoggosiris

• 2 weeks later...

So, the one on eBay has sat there for over a year and has been reposted twice if I'm correct. While it's a beautiful unit even with the glass, it's still very over priced. 

That being said I'd love to try and work something out if your interested in trades. I have other kiosk stuff and I do run a restoration and repair shop so I can always trade store inventory.

This thing SHOULD be worth $2500. It really should...but it's not.

@homerwannabee used to say that Atari had somehow become the "Bowman" of video games. Anyone who collects Baseball cards will totally get that and in some ways it's totally true.

Like in the case of this very Imagic game selector Kiosk. Just imagine if a strong third party NES company, like Konami for instance, made a store display game kiosk of this quality back in the 80's and only a handful (under 20 or less) were still in existence now. Yeah, that thing would pull $2500 easily, most likely a LOT LOT LOT more.

But this here Imagic kiosk won't get anywhere near that. At least not at this time...and as far as I can tell, not anytime soon.

It's still worth some good money for sure... but $2500 is probably a bit too much for the "Bowman" of video games.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:48 PM, Shawn said:

What did the last one sell for? IIRC, it was well under $2k. Might have been $1200 (??) but I can't recall for sure.

I think you are spot on Shawn.  $1200-$1500(top top price) is where I see this. Selling here in the Marketplace would put it in the $1200 range at best.

2 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

Not at the auction Charles, it was at a booth on the back wall. Just confirmed with a buddy that it was 1500. I debated it then and didn't pull the trigger as it still felt a bit high 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 5:23 PM, atari181 said:

I think you are spot on Shawn.  $1200-$1500(top top price) is where I see this. Selling here in the Marketplace would put it in the $1200 range at best.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, cmart604 said:

Wasn't there one of these at PRGE in October? I thought it was $1500

Yeah, my guesses would be...

$1500 - asking price on ebay with a lot of tire kickers but might take a while for an actual buyer

$1200ish (+/-) The price it would actually sell for in an open ebay auction

$1000 - the price you could sell it for quickly here on the forums

$850 - The price I would sell it to another collector for if I got it for dirt cheap

The 3k one on Ebay is down to 2k now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134379571130?hash=item1f49a587ba:g:V6sAAOSwbydjpSNg&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoIwc2Y52s%2F%2B6ZW9FGMpS0GhD4JQT4hHu1VAYKJ6SBTmkzodxgXA8dXvmG5sSZKmxNZgz2LEVj7QWhwIoJn1O5GZmmSaRmKDfhvMGmuN3HZMeQvtGbxDqcQQcIdglzY7Sy0ZcYFdMQJk1YocpUAww8PZ0HVsfCP1qu%2FJP%2BzqxA2nu0LWVC71yVeeZaSvxi0e7QBjxUD67o8lZJCN1aYUczeQ%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7iPqsDQYQ