IGNORED

Fujinet Hostslots

Pmetzen

13 minutes ago, Pmetzen said:

I don't know from which firmware version it still worked. It will be an act to try it out.

ok, well, if you have a rough idea of when the last time you updated it, go through the list of firmware and pick one from around that time and test it. I suspect you have a hardware problem but need to confirm if a previously working firmware shows the same symptoms or not.

I have the oldest version 0.5.24fbef77 2022-05-22 which I know still worked. But the web interface still shows me only 1.262V SIO voltage. I bought the module from Ebay Shop from King's Lynn, United Kingdom . The seller was called Voidabon under his Ebay name. Among other things, he sells SDRIVE MAX and the UNO Card. Unfortunately, I tried to reach him. Doesn't seem to exist anymore. But he had 100% rating.

7 hours ago, Pmetzen said:

I have the oldest version 0.5.24fbef77 2022-05-22 which I know still worked. But the web interface still shows me only 1.262V SIO voltage. I bought the module from Ebay Shop from King's Lynn, United Kingdom . The seller was called Voidabon under his Ebay name. Among other things, he sells SDRIVE MAX and the UNO Card. Unfortunately, I tried to reach him. Doesn't seem to exist anymore. But he had 100% rating.

ok, there could be a few things causing this. 

1. atari 5V on SIO does not have enough power and there is a large voltage drop
  2. SIO 5V pin on fujinet is bent/damaged in some way and not making good contact
  3. resistor divider or esp32 pin on fujinet is damaged somehow

Are you powering the FujiNet from the Atari or with external USB power? Try powering the FujiNet with USB cable and check SIO voltage in the web interface to see if it changes

The Atari Fujinet module works so well. The Atari supplies enough current measured 4.784 V. No SIO pin on the Fujinet is bent. I run the Fujinet through the Atari. But I can and can also power it via USB cable, which I did. This did not change the SIO voltage display of the Fujinet web interface. Whether the resistor divider or the pin of the ESP32 could be damaged somehow, I can't say. In terms of functionality, there are no restrictions of the Fujinet, except for the bug Error of the host slots which has been confirmed by the developer so far and is being worked on.

Edited by Pmetzen

Can it be due to the pullup resistance that is applied to the SIO bus of the Fujinet, why the SIO voltage display is not displayed correctly in the Fujinet web interface?

Because my old Fujinet V1.5 did not have this problem because it had no pullup resistance, for cassette emulation.

20 minutes ago, AtariGeezer said:

There is a fix for this, you need to increase the VFS handles.  I ran into this before on my program, found the answer but don't remember how I found out how...

I haven't found a way yet w/out forking the sdk. If you know/remember a way I'd be interested!

They do a

#define VFS_MAX_COUNT   8   /* max number of VFS entries (registered filesystems) */

inside vfs.c.. so w/out changing the espressif framework code (vfs.c ) not sure how else to increase it. That's not to say there aren't other possible solutions for the host slot issue..

22 minutes ago, AtariGeezer said:

Check this out:

if (!SD.begin(SDCS_PIN, SPI, 4000000, "/sd", 10)){ // 10 = max # of files
    SerBUG.println("Card Mount Failed");
    return(0);
  }
  CardType = SD.cardType();

We're using ESP-IDF directly, and can't find a way after combing through all the docs and headers, on how to change the max VFS handles, without modifying ESP-IDF directly.

soooo...

I have...once again, reached out to the ESP32 forums, this time for pointers on how to correctly increase the # of VFS handles. https://www.esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32085

-Thom