IGNORED

Brand New GCE Vectrex TEST CART Rev.4 Scopetrex

Vectrexer

Brand New GCE Vectrex TEST CART Rev.4 Scopetrex GOLD (FREE SHIPPING) $18.00 [USD] 
Seller: ductape 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-GCE-Vectrex-TEST-CART-Rev.4-Scopetrex-GOLD-(FREE-SHIPPING)-/285144925206

or

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=ductape&_nkw=%22vectrex%22%20%22test%22%20%22cart%22

Brand New GCE Vectrex TEST CART Rev.4
Cartridge built by Brett Walach of PlayVectrex.com

PCB is GOLD plated (ENIG) and has 45° chamfered edges to be kind to your Vectrex, and last a long long time.  I've also done cycle insertion testing of these carts and after 1000 cycles they were still very nice!  Search Youtube for "VEXTREME PCB Test" to see my video.

Every Test Cart Rev.4 will be tested in my personal Vectrex I've had since Christmas morning 1982!

To use this Test Cart effectively, please search for the "Vectrex Troubleshooting Guide" and also the "Vectrex Service Manual" online.

I'll be making this Test Cart available for the Vectrex community for as long as I can.

My commitment to you: I will make this diagnostic tool very affordable so that anyone may attempt to repair a faulty or out-of-calibration Vectrex.  Save your money for new homebrew games!

Please be safe when working on your Vectrex, and only open it if you know how to work with high voltage properly.

Free Shipping, Shipping within USA only.

PlayVectrex
"Design. Build. Play!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-GCE-Vectrex-TEST-CART-Rev.4-Scopetrex-GOLD-(FREE-SHIPPING)-/285144925206

or

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=ductape&_nkw=%22vectrex%22%20%22test%22%20%22cart%22

Edited by Vectrexer
Add other search link if the original is sold out
  • Like 4

So much for "affordable".  I see you sold one at a fixed price for $18 but the one up for auction is at $67 with nearly four days left?  Is there something super special about this version of this Test Cart that I don't know about, or is this just being run up by silly people that have no real idea what they're bidding on?

For $80 you could buy Sean Kelly's Multi-Cart and have the Test Cart program, along with most of the rest of the Vectrex library.  Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:45 AM, Psionic said:

I see you sold one at a fixed price for $18 but the one up for auction is at $67 with nearly four days left?

I see he had two auctions at a set price $18 with free shipping.  Each auction had 5 available with a total of 10 sold.

He put another up with extra items and people are bidding it up to what they're willing to pay.

What's the problem?

• 1 month later...

Hey folks!

Yeah, I was surprised that auctioned test cart I put up there went so high as well.  The "special" thing about it was that it included all of the current random freebies I include in packages (usually 1 per package).  I normally don't sell those things, and they are all things I've spent a lot of time designing and getting printed.  So while I personally wouldn't value it that high, someone else apparently did.  I included some other extra bonus items in the package as well (since the usual bonus items were already there!).

More Test Carts will hit eBay soon at the fixed price of $18... and if anyone is really willing to pay the $15-$19 for worldwide shipping, I guess I will include that as an option this time around :D 

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation.  To be clear, I wasn't implying that anyone was doing anything wrong or that there was some sort of a "problem" with the auction, as our torch-bearing friend seems to think.  If someone wants to pay that much...more power to you.  I just thought it was odd that it went so high.

• Haha 1

I guess I should clarify that while I personally wouldn't pay that much for that auction, it's really not that unreasonable that it went so high.  I do value my time, and that is years of sticker design and waiting for deals so I could print them, all for sale in one auction.. not to mention the other bonus items I included.  The buyer likely didn't know this, but still my opinion on value or worth if you like.  I will say the thing that is missing from just running the Test Cart on a multicart is that it's not a dedicated cart for a specialized purpose (which can be handy, esp. if your joystick is broken), but also many collectors bought them :D which wasn't my intention.  I intend to keep them for sale at the $18 (free US shipping) price for a long time, so you don't have to buy the other $50 option that's PCB only.  Other folks are offering Test Carts as well, and Chris Binarystar's Test Cart is really great!

On 3/27/2023 at 7:59 AM, playvectrex said:

I guess I should clarify that while I personally wouldn't pay that much for that auction, it's really not that unreasonable that it went so high.  I do value my time, and that is years of sticker design and waiting for deals so I could print them, all for sale in one auction.. not to mention the other bonus items I included.  The buyer likely didn't know this, but still my opinion on value or worth if you like.  I will say the thing that is missing from just running the Test Cart on a multicart is that it's not a dedicated cart for a specialized purpose (which can be handy, esp. if your joystick is broken), but also many collectors bought them :D which wasn't my intention.  I intend to keep them for sale at the $18 (free US shipping) price for a long time, so you don't have to buy the other $50 option that's PCB only.  Other folks are offering Test Carts as well, and Chris Binarystar's Test Cart is really great!

Got more coming?

9 minutes ago, Vectrexer said:
More Vectrex Test Cart Rev.4 on sale by Brett Walach, AKA PlayVectrex, AKA ebay seller ductape.
$18.00 with Free US Shipping. Global Shipping options also available.

The only problem with my Vectrex is sometime the sound will go in and out a bit while I’m playing. A gentle lovetap to the side of the Vectrex takes care of it sometimes. Would this testcart help with this problem?

• 1 month later...

More Vectrex Test Cart Rev.4 on sale by Brett Walach, AKA PlayVectrex, AKA ebay seller ductape.

Brand New GCE Vectrex TEST CART Rev.4 Scopetrex GOLD ENIG 45° Chamfered PCB 
$0.01 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-GCE-Vectrex-TEST-CART-Rev.4-Scopetrex-GOLD-ENIG-45°-Chamfered-PCB-/285272182242

#Vectrex #TEST #CART #Rev4 #Diagnostic

• 1 month later...

All our regular members know this of course, but for the benefit of the lucky few who've recently acquired a Vectrex, just a quick hello to say that it's a good idea to get a loadable cartridge if you can find one as you can load roms like the test rom on to it and not have to buy a dedicated cartridge.  Also you can get bare vectrex cartridge PCBs from various folks and Sean Kelly sells perfect injection-moulded clones of the plastic part of the cartridge to make it look nice (or you can 3D print your own).  A neat trick sometimes done is to embed a small LED voltmeter in the cartridge when making a test cart as discussed above ( testcart.png ).  Also if you want to modify the test software to add your own tests, I have a WIP disassembly of it at https://gtoal.com/vectrex/disassemblies/TestRev4.asm

• Like 2