IGNORED

new old stock 2600 track and field controllers(controller only).

mr.bill

I was digging out some stuff to trade, and this guy wants 2600 track and field.  I remembered I have the controllers so I pulled them as well.  I have a total of 4. 2 are shrink wrapped, 2 are loose. all are cord tied with original wire ties.  I dont think the shrink wrap is original to how they were sold(I assume they sold 2nd controllers loose), but I did pick them up about 35+ years ago. so I will let you decide from the pics.

looks like the going rate is about $40-$50+ a pop on ebay. Do you think that is fair? I was going to keep 1 for my collection. so 2 or 3 are up for grabs. If you want one and want it tested, let me know asap as the 2600 t&F cart will be leaving soon.

6012AC6C-C5B1-4A3F-9EF6-A998127CE2DD.thumb.jpeg.c010db243c7d6cd770b4976e9eec6ee4.jpeg

A16DC8AA-B104-4578-9AD6-FB3273858F14.thumb.jpeg.b1adb0d46197666c8c5d8c3150423614.jpeg

Edited by mr.bill
  • Like 2

sorry for being silent for a while. Busy with work.  Plus I have not hooked up a 2600 in about 15 years.. I had to find a tuner, and rf switch box, and and an adapter to connect it to my samsung lcd tv (I have an old commodore 13xx monitor I normally use, but I cant find it right now).  then it took a while to find the broken wire in rf connector. but it took even longer to figure my problem was a 2600 on/off switch being dirty.  I  though I had a bad Power supply block and went thru swapping 3 before I suspected the on/of switch.

to answer the questions, you can play T&F without the controller. you just have to run with side to side movement on the joystick. obviously, its easier to use the t&F controller as pounding buttons translate into faster speed without destroying your joystick. Plus in 2 player game mode, some of the events are both at the same time, so player 2 will have to play with a 2nd T&F controller or with a joystick.

I tested the 2 open controllers and they work. The 2 wrapped in plastic I did not test.

I controller is spoken for.  I am going to keep 1 for myself, so 2 can go.

as for a price, I have not been active hunting carts in about 30 years.. I only dug this stuff out to make a trade. I figured, since it was going to be setup I, Might as well test it all. So I am not that current in what stuff sells for today. my best guess is to look at ebay, look at those online price guides, or ask for people to make an honest offer.

Price charting says $49.99 loose on the controller and $135 cib.  I assume the high boxed price means that there is actually a boxed controller.  The ones in plastic were probably done by someone.  I probably grabbed them at a fleamarket 30 years ago that way. ebay has been selling in $40-$50 range.  So I think $40 plus shipping would be fair.  This is for controller only. I dont think I have extra T&F carts, but I can look in a few boxes if people need T&F.

I PM'ed the people who contacted me directly. they will get first shot at the 2 that are left. If they sell, I will update the thread.

B412BAFD-F34C-4CF9-B3EB-7740D39FAFB1.thumb.jpeg.36f821913f932accb23975b720018c69.jpeg

25260804-D9BE-4946-B7B2-C72881D41110.thumb.jpeg.a8163818c65263ff6c84606d05ce80a8.jpeg

Edited by mr.bill