IGNORED

Ordered Atarimax SIO TO USB

videofx

Yeah, we all know Steve gets busy, and life gets in the way and all that but weeks is a little ridiculous. Support after the fact is one thing, but if someone orders a product from you, and you've received payment, there's really no acceptable excuse for it taking weeks for someone's order to ship out. I know we're all a little spoiled with Amazon Prime shipping and all of that, but weeks to ship an item really is, and should be inexcusable.

Let's hope all is right with Steve.

Edited by bfollowell

56 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

emailed for weeks and then ordered?

did payment clear?

did you order on his website or another website?

did you call him?

did you contact him through the AtariMax forums?

Yeah, I'll agree that there seems to be a lack of detailed information for someone that is asking for assistance.

The whole emailed for weeks AND ordered seems sort of strange to me. If I'd emailed someone for weeks without a response, I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have ordered from them, but of course, that's just me. It may just be their choice of words and word placement that makes the original statement seem sort of strange and vague.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, videofx said:

I have been emailing Steve for more than 6 months and have Never received a reply. So I ordered the SIO to USB so I could get that and the upgrade but no reply. I left a message in the forums on Atarimax.

We will wait and see

OK, so now on to the other questions. You ordered through his web site. Have you received all of the regular order confirmation emails with order number and all of that? Has your credit card been charged yet? Being charged doesn't really matters mind you, if you ordered two weeks ago, it should have shipped in that amount of time, in my opinion. I'm just wondering if you've seen all of the normal things you'd see after placing an online order and if you're actually out anything yet, other than time, of course.

I think this has just come up several times over the years. It's not ideal granted and for a modern computer company/service you might go elsewhere. But taking the comments from this ol thread into account, and generally my own experiences (over here in the UK) with ordering from Atarimax/Steve - whom I've ordered from many times - it's unfortunately the way it is. He is always great when you are communicating with him.

Yes, I agree with @Beeblebrox. I've had three dealings with Steve and all went well. I bought a regular Single Port USB Interface a number of years ago, 6-7 years ago if I recall correctly, and I received a dual port version. I contacted Steve to point out the mistake because I'm honest and that's what I do. He responded that, upon getting my order ready for shipment, he found he only had dual ports in stock, so he just sent me one of those. I mean, who does that? 2-3 years later my unit inexplicably died. We tried everything and it just wouldn't connect anymore. Steve was busy back then too, so the troubleshooting was through email and really slow. Imagine old timers playing chess via snail mail. Anyway, in the end, he decided to send me a new one. I reminded him that I'd only paid for a single port unit, but no, a dual port had died, so that's what he sent me. I also purchased the registered version of SIO2PC/ProSystem. That purchase went perfectly as well. Steve may be busy, but he is a class act all the way around. I know it's frustrating when you've ordered something and you're anxious to receive because that's the way I'm wired too, but I have little doubt that you will receive your unit eventually.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone received orders from AtariMax that were placed in 2023?  My husband ordered a M.U.L.E cartridge back on October 5th and received a receipt via email the same evening, but nothing since.  An email was sent to Steve asking about a shipping update and this went unanswered.  He is growing concerned that Steve is no longer in business and is wondering if he should cancel the sale.  If anyone has received their order in 2023 please let me know so we can be prepared for a protracted waiting period.  We were hoping this would be a Christmas present and I am thinking we may have to find something else.

Respectfully,

Mary Wilke

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M1W said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone received orders from AtariMax that were placed in 2023?  My husband ordered a M.U.L.E cartridge back on October 5th and received a receipt via email the same evening, but nothing since.  An email was sent to Steve asking about a shipping update and this went unanswered.  He is growing concerned that Steve is no longer in business and is wondering if he should cancel the sale.  If anyone has received their order in 2023 please let me know so we can be prepared for a protracted waiting period.  We were hoping this would be a Christmas present and I am thinking we may have to find something else.

Respectfully,

Mary Wilke

I'd suggest sending another message as Steve has been known to be away for a couple of weeks at a time. 5th October isn't that long ago tbh, and I'd imagine you'll get a dispatch confirmation before the end of October. :)