IGNORED

I'm in need of constant tone generator for SN and AY sound chips

mytek

I'd like to calibrate the output of two sound chips I'm using in my CV-NUC+ Project via the audio mixer on the MSX Module. I'm not a coder, and this is especially true concerning the Colecovision, so I'm looking for someone that can put together a ROM routine. Basically it can be dirt simple and just output a full volume sustained tone on both sound chips simultaneously (I can always pull one chip when I just what to scope the other). Or even nicer would be to have each tone activated via a toggle action, so for instance keypad 1 = the SN chip, and keypad 2 = the AY chip, press once to activate and press again to deactivate.

A ROM image suitable for running from an AtariMax Ultimate SD cart would be the ticket 👍

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: if there already exists something that will do the trick, please be so kind as to provide a link.

Ok it appears that that MusicDemo program is only applicable to the SN sound chip and not the AY sound chip, which is ok for starters, and I did find it very useful. Now if only there were a similar program for the AY chip.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:36 PM, mytek said:

Ok it appears that that MusicDemo program is only applicable to the SN sound chip and not the AY sound chip, which is ok for starters, and I did find it very useful. Now if only there were a similar program for the AY chip.

Sorry I didn't read your original post properly.  I haven't made the AY version of that code yet.

7 hours ago, Tony Cruise said:

Sorry I didn't read your original post properly.  I haven't made the AY version of that code yet.

No worries. using your provided program let me set the SN output to a proper level on my scope. And once I had that it was fairly easy to match the AY output using a DB meter when playing SGM games. Mission accomplished.

• Like 2