Has anyone else gotten this? There is almost nothing online about it. And only a couple videos on youtube. One of which finally got me unstuck halfway through the game. 

IMG_20230319_221029078.jpg

IMG_20230319_235701112.jpg

IMG_20230318_235900895.jpg

IMG_20230318_175350779.jpg

Edited by neogeo1982
Edit spelling
  • Like 3

You walk around the world's much like Metal Gear. Go into buildings and caves. Pick up gear, supplies, and upgrades. You can also jump and grab ledges too though. But there are also so so many puzzles. The title screen with the Morse code tapper being a central puzzle in every map section. I took a lot of notes from hints I found scattered just to save time later. It has a day/night cycle that's like Simons quest. More stuff to fight at night unless you sleep. And if you don't a sleep too long a terrible thing comes out and kills you.

• Like 1

I actually published an article about that game in... 2017, when it was on Kickstarter. Hadn't heard about it since, so it's nice to see it was actually released. Usually crowdfunding campaigns are launched when the game is already completed, at least with NES homebrew games, but it wasn't the case here obviously. Actually it was an ambitious project and the developers weren't even sure to pull it off!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

already completed,

Absolutely. There is an action Rpg called Save the Kuin that's only being campaigned for the cartridges to be made. And a projected ship date of this fall. So the release of Full Quiet is kind of a miracle after so very long. It's unfortunate it's right back to waiting for preorders though for anyone that didn't back it still. There's no extras for their store to just get it.

• Like 2

Crazy boss battles. Hiding in tall grass to hide from beasties. 4 total game restarts. I finally bested it. With 60% completion? Whatever I'm done with this for awhile. 11 hours this week and 20+ last week I feel I got my money's worth for now.

IMG_20230323_025518941.jpg

IMG_20230323_025253580.jpg

IMG_20230323_025420993.jpg

IMG_20230323_023926167.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

cant buy it anywhere.

Complete in box is like a regular NES release with box and manual and a little fold out map paper.

There is one on ebay I see. With the silver cartridge and alternate box art. It's the special edition and it's 250 it looks like. It is an awesome game. Not for 250 though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

Complete in box is like a regular NES release with box and manual and a little fold out map paper.

There is one on ebay I see. With the silver cartridge and alternate box art. It's the special edition and it's 250 it looks like. It is an awesome game. Not for 250 though. 

Cool....sounds like its worth the extra $10. Im going with the CIB one then. Im leaning towards the gray one.

• Like 2

The developer is showing it at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend. I played a bit of it today and I really dug the play.  Reminded me a little of Platoon with, as mentioned earlier, Metal Gear.  I didn't ask of he had any for sale.  I already dropped a bunch of cash for Dungeons and Doomknights and Vector Run

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2023 at 11:29 PM, Gamemoose said:

Dungeons and Doomknights

I remembered you mentioning this and picked it up. Did you get this version of it? It's shiny. And the Nintendo Power type magazine and cloth map are pretty cool with it. 

IMG_20230911_154851287.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

I remembered you mentioning this and picked it up. Did you get this version of it? It's shiny. And the Nintendo Power type magazine and cloth map are pretty cool with it. 

IMG_20230911_154851287.jpg

No I got the standard CIB option. Nothing flashy.  The developer was handing out copies of his "Pretendo Power" magazine, which was a mag that centered on the game in "Nintendo Power" style. 

I finally got past the first "dungeon" with the save book.  I didn't realize that something I thought was background graphics really wasn't.  After I destroyed it I could continue.  Ugh...felt like I had to turn in my retro gamer card as I forgot to check everything (ie hit everything with my weapon) when in doubt.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Recent press write up. Releases for newer systems talked about which is the good news. Apparently the writer put very little research into it and thinks it hasn't released on NES yet at all 😕. Even mentioning that the downgrade to NES controllers may be problematic 😂.

https://geektyrant.com/news/review-full-quiet-is-an-ambitious-return-to-nes-gaming

• Haha 1

I might consider this one, in person, as (first time ever) delayed to the last (not first)weekend of the month is the local arcade(console, pc, handheld) gaming expo here and there are a number of vendors.  If I saw this and it wasn't expo extortion I might...the puzzles concern me, not my thing, but it looks high quality.

• Like 2

It's a 30 hour time sucker for sure. @Tanooki yeah I got the note pad out a few times and jotted puzzle clues down and morse code dashes quite a few times. It still stumped me a few times. The clues and critical items are really spread apart, and it's a huge world. There's fast travel but not til the very end of the game. But its really mixed genre, puzzles are just part of it. Like Flashback. But the puzzles are environmental, visual, and sound based in this depending on where you are at. The exploration, action gunplay, detailed story, the mix in this is very different for an NES game. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I might consider this one, in person, as (first time ever) delayed to the last (not first)weekend of the month is the local arcade(console, pc, handheld) gaming expo here and there are a number of vendors.  If I saw this and it wasn't expo extortion I might...the puzzles concern me, not my thing, but it looks high quality.

I wish we had something like that near me. We get an anime/comic convention pass through once a year that ends up with a couple booths of over priced games shoved off to the side. Though we do have 3 big arcades here. One of which has exclusively 80s & 90s cabs in it. 

• Like 1

@neogeo1982  Well the Louisville Arcade Expo you can look up it's easy.  Usually there's a few hundred plus old arcade machines and pinballs.  Around the edges are some old systems, usually mass wall projected to show off and for competition for prizes, same with the pin area on the new stuff that still comes out for tournament runs.  Side rooms have a ton of the old computers (domestic and not), consoles, handheld, tabletops, the weird and obscure.  Then you have the cosplay types, floor show/music junk, special people who show up (usually YT weirdos), and then the vendors a mix of local, sorta local and travel.  It's quite hit and miss as far as prices go depending on the person/vendor, usually the stand alone collectors/trader isn't a toxic loser who is there usually, but some of the 'business' types are complete bastards wanting like a 20-50% mark up...I look, laugh, pass to the next as it's not worth feeding bottom feeders.

We do (again google) have one solid arcade in town, had been a couple others but they're gone and it's called RECBAR and they've got a really solid selection of stuff, probably more pins than arcade, but what is there is kept up pretty nicely and isn't priced to gouge either as they have a good restaurant/bar attached so maybe that helps compress the quarter costs.

• Like 2