IGNORED

Help with Old Ironsides (Optimum Resource) game on Apple IIe with SD storage

KayBee

Hello All, in terms of Apple I am new here but have some II+/IIe experience from my youth. I now have a IIe with no floppy drives but with an SD Disk ][ Plus storage solution. I have put many .DSK on the SD and they all work. Sadly except my favorite Apple game as a little kid that I want to show my son, Old Ironsides. I have tried 5 different versions, from Asov, TOSEC, and elsewhere but none work. Black screen with square bracket, no cursor. I am able to play it on the Mac via emulation in Virtual II.

The manual for the game says "Old Ironsides will work on any Apple* or Apple II Plus* with 48K and a disk drive with DOS 3.3 (16 sector)" but I am very rusty on my IIe abilities so I don't know if one of those specifications is the root of my issue. 

So I have a couple of questions, does anyone else have similar hardware (SD storage) and is able to play the game? Or is it somehow not compatible?

Many thanks.

KB

Interesting, thank you both. Nick, thanks especially for trying it now I know it works on your enhanced it should work on mine.

EDIT: it works, the SD floppy emulator had been in slot 7 on the machine. (I bought it this way) I moved to slot 6 and the game now works. Thanks again.