IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 17 Round 7 -  K-Razy Shootout

DamonicFury

Welcome to the seventh round of the 17th 5200 HSC season.  K-Razy Shootout won the poll by a single vote.  Play using the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by yours truly with 19,010 points.  Beat this if you can for a bonus point!  (I have a feeling someone, perhaps multiple someones, can indeed do this.)

The ROM can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=633

Round ends Sunday, April 16th, 2023 @11pm EST

Standings:

RB5200 - 22,250 - RECORD BREAKER 

Cafeman - 15,970

Northcoastgamer - 15,860

Mikey50 - 14,950

rubeon - 6,000

bemis - 5,870

jeremiahjt - 2,440

Anybody try using the trackball with this, the manual says this is trackball compatible, but I haven't been able to get it to work, seems like it may be a misprint in the manual.?

I can't keep this game from crashing on my OE 2-port 5200 with AtariMax SD card.  At some point the game will glitch out and just beep at me. I've tried a couple of MD5's of the rom and it crashes on both, so hopefully this isn't an impending hardware death of my beloved console 😢 

54768E23-2930-4B6E-9549-A831EA31A4F4_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.54112c083fddc8cb27cde7961e3a273e.jpeg

I don't think it's the slow demise of your unit. some times there are some games that some machines just don't like. I've had that same issue with a bounty bob cartridge on 1 of my 4 port machines, but now years later it works just fine. just for the fun of it, try this rom and see what happens.

3 hours ago, rubeon said:

I can't keep this game from crashing on my OE 2-port 5200 with AtariMax SD card.

K-Razy Shootout (2 port hack).bin

This game has some fun but has too many frustrating elements.  The bonus timer is too fast, making the other 'rules' unfair.  You must exit early before the timer expires or it is game over - even if you have 3 lives.  Then you must play the prior stage with no points.  There  is often 1 robot who guards an entrance, making you hunt him down (eating more time when time is precious).   The points recap is too long - just let me get to the next stage!  Then there is the control, I'm constantly missing diagonal shots.  Well, tried a number of times and I'm done. 

hsc 5200 krazy 15970.png

Yet another record breaking performance from RB5200 who annihilated the most automatons.  

Bounty Bob Strikes Back is up next.  

Final standings: 

RB5200 - 22,250 - RECORD BREAKER +11 +1

Cafeman - 15,970  +10

Northcoastgamer - 15,860  +9

Mikey50 - 14,950  +8

rubeon - 6,000  +7

bemis - 5,870  +6

jeremiahjt - 2,440  +5