IGNORED

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial FIXED manual

Curmi

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if many people are interested in this, but as I'm sure most people are aware, member recompile (David Richardson) fixed the 2600 version of E.T. the Extra Terrestrial 10 years ago. You can read about his magnificent work here. I, and many others, are forever grateful. 

I've been playing with Batocera recently, and putting together a collection of 2600 ROMs, including many hacks and homebrews. As a lot of these hacks and homebrew ROMs don't have artwork, I've been creating some artwork because I'm a bit anal about everything looking professional when I scroll through my games. I realised that E.T. had a manual, so I decided to update the manual to reflect the changes David had put in the game.

I include it here for anyone who might find it useful. I've changed some of the text (tried to make the font match, but it isn't perfect), added the new game option, the new difficulty switch, and made E.T. brown throughout. 😀 

Hopefully someone finds it useful. And if you feel I've made an error, please let me know and I'll endeavour to fix it. I've also included some cover art that may be useful if you want to distinguish the fixed version from the original in your collection.

Jamie

ET_Fixed_Final-thumb.png

E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial Fixed-manual.pdf

Edited by Curmi
Updated manual to reflect the version 2 fix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 4/18/2023 at 2:23 AM, fdr4prez said:

There are newer "fixes" available that expand on his work.

here is E.T Completely Fixed Version2 Final:

Thanks @fdr4prez. I've updated the manual in the original post to include the changes made by @froggeret, along with the version 1 fix by @recompile. It's unfortunate that the version 2 fix changed the behaviour of the B&W switch, as it made the manual a little more awkward explaining the function of the switch (as I wanted the manual to work for both recompile and froggeret's fixes), but I fitted it in. Hope it all makes sense.

• Like 1