IGNORED

Snark Prototype Found

Tempest

9 minutes ago, Supergun said:

From José Wonder007:

“…I have the complete code for the atari 5200 Madden football game (it was a throw in to a big 2600 proto deal I completed years ago) . I just need to transfer the data so that it can be played. I am not really a 5200 guy, do you think it is worth pursuing?…”

I wasn't aware that was public knowledge. :)

1 hour ago, Supergun said:

From José Wonder007:

“…I have the complete code for the atari 5200 Madden football game (it was a throw in to a big 2600 proto deal I completed years ago) . I just need to transfer the data so that it can be played. I am not really a 5200 guy, do you think it is worth pursuing?…”

I’d like to give it a try.  

• Like 2

Firstly, appreciate whoever Al Arroyo is in providing this history to all of us, and to Thomas for tweaking.  Another lovely writeup from Tempest as well.  Amazing that a game developed in the 70s was still waiting to be found!  This build is several months older than I am.

This went kind of unnoticed ha ha.  Would love to see that happen.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:12 PM, Tempest said:

I wasn't aware that was public knowledge. :)

Edited by Greg2600

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:46 PM, Dutchman2000 said:

I’d love to give it a try.

I sure hope that you guys can give this a try @Dutchman2000  @Wonder007 .  Since OCR usually doesn't work well with code/dot matrix printouts, this would have to be entered by hand. I would certainly volunteer to type part of it in. Having a bunch of people type sections of code in would make it less daunting.

8 hours ago, Allan said:

I sure hope that you guys can give this a try @Dutchman2000  @Wonder007 .  Since OCR usually doesn't work well with code/dot matrix printouts, this would have to be entered by hand. I would certainly volunteer to type part of it in. Having a bunch of people type sections of code in would make it less daunting.

I haven’t heard anything about this yet, but I’d love to try my hand at typing this in.