IGNORED

i cant compile firmware

hello,

i am trying to compile firmware from git.  if i use esp32_platform_version = 3.4.0  i end with

Tool Manager: Installing espressif/toolchain-riscv32-esp @ 8.4.0+2021r1 Error: Could not find the package with 'espressif/toolchain-riscv32-esp @ 8.4.0+2021r1' requirements for your system 'linux_x86_64'

i found no way ho to solve this, but i see there is no package like that on platformio registry there is only 8.4.0+2021r2-patch5.

so i decided to try esp32_platform_version = 6.1.0, it started to compile, but there is another error

In file included from lib/device/sio/network.h:4, from lib/device/network.h:5, from lib/media/atari/diskTypeAtx.h:8, from lib/media/media.h:7, from lib/fuji/../device/sio/disk.h:6, from lib/fuji/../device/disk.h:5, from lib/fuji/fujiDisk.h:4, from lib/fuji/fujiDisk.cpp:1: /root/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/components/driver/deprecated/driver/timer.h:16:2: warning: #warning "legacy timer group driver is deprecated, please migrate to driver/gptimer.h" [-Wcpp] 16 | #warning "legacy timer group driver is deprecated, please migrate to driver/gptimer.h" | ^~~~~~~ lib/media/atari/diskTypeAtx.cpp: In member function 'void MediaTypeATX::_process_sector(AtxTrack&, AtxSector*, uint16_t)': lib/media/atari/diskTypeAtx.cpp:250:29: error: 'esp_random' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'srandom'? 250 | uint32_t rand = esp_random(); | ^~~~~~~~~~ | srandom Compiling .pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/lib7ec/device/adamnet/disk.o Archiving .pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/libef6/libnetwork-protocol.a Indexing .pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/libef6/libnetwork-protocol.a Compiling .pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/lib7ec/device/adamnet/fuji.o Compiling .pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/lib7ec/device/adamnet/keyboard.o *** [.pio/build/fujinet-v1-4mb/lib9fa/media/atari/diskTypeAtx.o] Error 1 ================================= [FAILED] Took 137.18 seconds =================================

i use this  https://hub.docker.com/r/petewall/platformio container with up to date  packages

thx for any advices

Edited by BartOrloy

19 minutes ago, BartOrloy said:

Tool Manager: Installing espressif/toolchain-riscv32-esp @ 8.4.0+2021r1 Error: Could not find the package with 'espressif/toolchain-riscv32-esp @ 8.4.0+2021r1' requirements for your system 'linux_x86_64'

Make sure you have your platformio.ini setup correctly per the wiki instructions.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Board-Bring-Up-Software

Also, when running the build, use the platformio menu and build for your specific target as shown here:178374286-f2a9c63e-4f95-454d-89f5-598907

If you use the status bar to build, you must pick the correct env on the status bar as well.

edit: use 3.4.0 platform version. The newer one has not been tested completely yet and is likely broken

Edited by mozzwald
Add platform version

5 minutes ago, BartOrloy said:

ok, because your reply was in sense of i tried to turn it off and on

Yes, start with the easy stuff ;) Quite often we say the same things over. We've even added giant red boxes with "IMPORTANT" and people still manage to skip that step.

8 minutes ago, BartOrloy said:

btw. i was able compile this revision 2588bc14 

That's a very old commit. are you building the entire codebase from that point or you used that commit as a fix for the current master?

There are some other folks having the same issue and I was also able to replicate it on a Windows 10 computer so we need to figure out a proper fix.