IGNORED

ChatGPT has a Java client now - could that be used to make it work with Fujinet?

Xebec

um, who cares to have this... it's a plagiarism toy with grammerly stitching it together.

It's coding is not self modifying, it's sources are the internet and what it is fed as popularity. Garbage in garbage out.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 5

1st depends on if FailiNet actually sent the I or dropped it on reception,

2nd point, you can buy and sell videogames here.

3rd point, he did specify forums...

a true AI would have asked if you meant the forums where conversations take place or the store front where you can buy and sell video games.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I had a bit of a play with this and asked this, response following.

'How does the atr8000 data separator circuit work.'

The ATR8000 is a vintage computer peripheral that was used to connect Commodore 8-bit computers to the Internet. It includes a data separator circuit that is designed to extract data from incoming serial signals and present it to the computer in a format that it can understand.

The data separator circuit in the ATR8000 uses a combination of hardware and software techniques to isolate the data bits from the incoming serial stream. The hardware component of the circuit includes a shift register that is used to capture the incoming bits, and a clock generator that is used to synchronize the shift register with the incoming data stream.

The software component of the circuit is responsible for interpreting the data that has been captured by the shift register. This involves looking for start and stop bits that mark the beginning and end of each data byte, as well as performing any necessary parity or error checking on the data.

Once the data has been successfully extracted from the incoming serial stream, it is presented to the computer in a format that it can understand. This typically involves converting the data into ASCII characters or some other standardized format that can be easily processed by the computer's software.

Overall, the data separator circuit in the ATR8000 is a critical component that allows the device to communicate with other computers and devices over serial connections. While the specific implementation of the circuit may vary depending on the particular device, the basic principles of data extraction and interpretation remain the same.

hmmmmm. garbage in, garbage out.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Sad.  Why is this fooling so many people into thinking it's the most amazing thing ever?  All the while, sadly trying to lower the bar for entry into many technical areas.  This is going to be much worse than when VB6 let anyone call themselves a "coder".  Worse yet, when every single person capable of typing can now consider themself an expert, a published author, an influencer, etc.

I guess I've officially become that old man, screaming at clouds, and for kids to "get off my lawn".  Go ahead and work up an image using the latest AI, it will only take a few seconds :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Why is this fooling so many people into thinking it's the most amazing thing ever?

Intellectual laziness.  Letting someone else do the thinking is perfectly fine when you can't think critically to begin with.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

All the while, sadly trying to lower the bar for entry into many technical areas.

I'm just trying to figure out which will end up being worse for the tech sector: offshored jobs, or jobs performed by AI.  It's been a long and gradual decline, but we really are doing a fine job of making it happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'm just trying to figure out which will end up being worse for the tech sector: offshored jobs, or jobs performed by AI.  It's been a long and gradual decline, but we really are doing a fine job of making it happen.

I do *NOT* look forward to the days where I have to deal with connecting to AI-driven APIs... just thinking about that, and how I keep seeing people pushing for such things... yikes.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Don't worry.  AI will get better.  The Wright brothers didn't start with a 747 and Alexander Graham Bell didn't invent the smart phone.

Sincerely

Mathy

This is exactly the problem, and not the solution. This is a very real and existential threat. But then again, we seem to be collecting those. Jackpot!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Don't worry.  AI will get better.  The Wright brothers didn't start with a 747 and Alexander Graham Bell didn't invent the smart phone.

Sincerely

Mathy

As things stand at present, I have witnessed entirely too much stupidity from tech companies and governments over the past 20-odd years to believe that it could end any other way.

Actually, that's not true.  There are many other ways that it could go.  Unfortunately, I don't see any of them as being favourable.

• Like 2