IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 18 - Game 16B - 30 MINUTE TIMED Space Hawk - Season Finale Part 2

[ Intellivision HSC Season 18 ]

[ Game 16B ]

30 MINUTE TIMED Space Hawk - Season 18 Finale Part 2

Space_Hawk.jpg.e68afa934004030217ac8a7028aa161b.jpg

Space Hawk by Mattel 1981

You're equipped with a jetpack for directional avoidance control, a blaster for protection and 5 force shields.

space_hawk.gif.ae128ad7a9332e9e0d1b095ed340a2c1.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21611/intellivision/Space-Hawk-1981-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Space Hawk

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

(SET NEW 30 MINUTE TIMED RECORD +3)

Game Setting

PRESS DISC - PLAY FOR 30 MINUTES - AUTO-FIRE IS ALLOWED AND ENCOURAGED!!! 😜

Game Objective

See all those things floating around? Shoot as many of them as you can for 30 minutes straight and score the most points in the process. Avoid getting hit by anything and don't let the evil wicked alien space-ships shoot you.... 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 60,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 120,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 180,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +3.  

Space Hawk Virtual Patch Bonus

Join the "HAWKIN' RAIDERS"
You will receive a Space Hawk Virtual Patch Bonus if you score 100,000 points or more on Disc Level playing for 30 minutes and you will be half way to unlocking the mystery game 16C. To unlock the mystery game (16C) you will need 100,000 pts or more on BOTH games 16A and 16B.... Collect all the silly patches this season.... :P 

EDIT: Mystery game is now UNLOCKED for all by El Moderato.... 😜

1104317567_SpaceHawkPatch.PNG.89384945c10264390dd2346dd746f6e2.PNG

Season Theme: Flying / Falling / Floating / Bouncing Objects

Game ends,
MONDAY NIGHT MAY 29TH (MEMORIAL DAY / NIGHT) 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

241,850 - mr_me - PATCHED - [+13][+3 BONUS POINTS][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

135,860 - Rickster8 - PATCHED - [+12][+2 BONUS POINTS]

107,870 - jimblargh - PATCHED - [+11][+1 BONUS POINT]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

69,360 - gar0u - [+9][+1 BONUS POINT]

15,740 - lupovax - [+8]

1,700 - JacobZu7zu7 - [+7]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

(After TIMED Astrosmash)

300 - Rickster8 (17 PATCHES)

199 - JacobZu7zu7 (8 PATCHES)

192 - lupovax (8 PATCHES)

173 - jimblargh (9 PATCHES)

118 - wolfy62 (6 PATCHES)

110 - wongojack (7 PATCHES)

96 - Player One (2 PATCHES)

78 - fakecortex (1 PATCH)

74 - IntyFanMatt (4 PATCHES)

59 - gar0u (1 PATCH) 

21 - Sprazzi (1 PATCH)

17 - Northcoastgamer

14 - Miiiiike (1 PATCH)

11 - jblenkle

1 - patbb

Games Won

11 - Rickster8 - Blockade Runner / Popeye / Ice Trek / Demon Attack / Star Wars ESB / Buzz Bombers / Zaxxon / Microsurgeon / Night Stalker / Centipede / Atlantis

3 - JacobZu7zu7 - Mission 'X' / Defender / Nova Blast

2 - IntyFanMatt - TRON: Deadly Discs / TIMED Astrosmash

1 - Sprazzi - River Raid

1 - Lupovax - TRON: Deadly Dogs

Sneak Preview: 

Mystery Game 16C to be revealed when somebody UNLOCKS it.... 😜

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 1

My first crack at the Space Hawk timed game.... I fell short of the goal, got more work to do.... Need a little over 10k more for the Patch.... 🥵

I videoed my game and on my iPhone you can see the time limit of 30:00 at the bottom of the pic....

30 MINUTE TIMED SPACE HAWK - DISC LEVEL - 89,740 POINTS!!!

SPACEHAWK(89740)30MINUTETIMEHSC18.jpg.af14d9633aac5a48b980d680c112090b.jpg

• Like 4

Okay 2nd try was MUCH better.... I got a great start and just rode it to the end.... 30:00 minute limit shown at the bottom of the 2nd pic.... The Double 100,000 point scores has unlocked the mystery game which will now be posted. At this point just consider it UNLOCKED for everyone... So I did the dirty work for y'all..... ENJOY and you're WELCOME!!!!! :P 

30 MINUTE TIMED SPACE HAWK - DISC LEVEL - 135,860 POINTS!!! - PATCHED!!!

1496175043_SpaceHawkPatch.PNG.b11a8b1622d136c0edaaff5083f6954d.PNGSPACEHAWK(135860)30MINTIMEHSC18.thumb.jpg.11a51c224aa9b5b22a7979105df918aa.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play mini campaigns with the Intellivision space games.  First Space Battle, trying to hold off the aliens, then Star Strike for Earth's last stand.  After Earth gets blown up, Space Hawk, as a survivor floating in space. 

Curious what settings you all prefer?  I liked Direct & Quick.

Died after about 20m.  Didn't hit the 30m mark, but will play more again soon I hope.  If not, here's my entry.

IMG_9723.jpg

• Like 2

I'm surprised people prefer direct drive.  I find drift mode more comfortable especially over long play sessions, makes it easier to track the space hawks, and is more fun than direct drive.  The default control modes the programmer selected works best for me.

18 hours ago, gar0u said:

I used to play mini campaigns with the Intellivision space games.  First Space Battle, trying to hold off the aliens, then Star Strike for Earth's last stand.  After Earth gets blown up, Space Hawk, as a survivor floating in space. 

Curious what settings you all prefer?  I liked Direct & Quick.

Died after about 20m.  Didn't hit the 30m mark, but will play more again soon I hope.  If not, here's my entry.

IMG_9723.jpg

Button 5 for me ALL DAY!!! I like being able to start and stop as I please. Whenever I play Drift mode I have no control and my scores are usually crap. When I discovered Start and Stop or Button 5 my scores went up exponentially.... 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm surprised people prefer direct drive.  I find drift mode more comfortable especially over long play sessions, makes it easier to track the space hawks, and is more fun than direct drive.  The default control modes the programmer selected works best for me.

I’m surprised anyone would prefer to drift. Much less control over your shots in my experience. I find direct drive gives me much more precision.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Button 5 BAY BAY!!!!! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’m surprised anyone would prefer to drift. Much less control over your shots in my experience. I find direct drive gives me much more precision.

Once you match your speed with the space hawk.  Aiming and hitting it multiple times is much easier.

107,870 comets for me!!

Disc level, direct and quick.

I think I was actually slightly higher but I kept getting hit after pressing the score button and trying to take a picture. No biggie though, as that was a pretty minor amount. And either way....

PATCH ME RICK!! 😁

20230526_144710.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Once you match your speed with the space hawk.  Aiming and hitting it multiple times is much easier.

That’s your opinion. I’ve seen you have many contrarian opinions on this website, over just about everything, most of which I do not agree with. And I don’t agree with this one either. Different strokes for different folks, which I would hope you can understand. You play your way, I’ll play mine.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

In direct drive mode you're stationary while the space hawk is in constant motion. Thrust/aim and fire to hit it once, then the space hawk has moved so you have to thrust/aim again for the second hit, and then a third time.  In drift mode you typically aim once and fire three times.  There's a reason the game designer selected those defaults.

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

In direct drive mode you're stationary while the space hawk is in constant motion. Thrust/aim and fire to hit it once, then the space hawk has moved so you have to thrust/aim again for the second hit, and then a third time.  In drift mode you typically aim once and fire three times.  There's a reason the game designer selected those defaults.

Are you trying to convince me that your way is better, and that we all should agree with you? Are you able to grasp that other people like to play differently than you, and have differing opinions on many things?  From what I’ve seen on this site, time and time again, you struggle mightily with this.

Direct drive mode provides me more precision and higher scores, as it does with Rick too. You are free to play your way, and we’ll play ours. Thanks. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

It's not sarcasm.  In a competition you don't want the other players, particularly the best players using the technique that works so well for you. 

Thought I should put up a score.

~241850

Jzintv, Intellivision controller

single shot fire mode

sphk30m.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimblargh said:

107,870 comets for me!!

Disc level, direct and quick.

I think I was actually slightly higher but I kept getting hit after pressing the score button and trying to take a picture. No biggie though, as that was a pretty minor amount. And either way....

PATCH ME RICK!! 😁

20230526_144710.jpg

PATCHED!!!  image.png.bf9511220e92637e997b4bc7e4a1b1d6.png

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

It's not sarcasm.  In a competition you don't want the other players, particularly the best players using the technique that works so well for you. 

Thought I should put up a score.

~241850

Jzintv, Intellivision controller

single shot fire mode

sphk30m.png

PATCHED!!!  image.png.bf9511220e92637e997b4bc7e4a1b1d6.png

Quick TIMED Space Hawk Update:

241,850 - mr_me - PATCHED

135,860 - Rickster8 - PATCHED

107,870 - jimblargh - PATCHED

69,360 - gar0u

15,740 - lupovax