IGNORED

Atari Acquisition Megathread (Stern, Nightdive, Accolade, M Network, and now ATARIAGE!)

GraffitiTavern

53 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

@GraffitiTavern

Is this thread just for '100%' acquisitions?

Because Atari now owns 53% undiluted of Plamaji - maker of the Polymega and announced today- a 7.5% ownership of tinyBuild

I mean for a stake that significant in Playmaji, I would say that counts, as for the 7.5% in tinyBuild, I would say not. This was specifically about the games/hardware/IP Atari has bought and could use, not necessarily all of their (or Wade's) investments.

Fair enough...your thread.  Personally though I won't discount  the relevancy of anything we have a stake in... just my opinion. 

Projects often happen with 0 ownership so 7.5% still has some say in what happens....even if not a principal shareholder- 7.5 is still above required reporting level.

So if the heads of both the U.S. and France financial gov think that level is important enough to business matters to *require* it to be reported / listing ... we should too.  ;)

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

Fair enough...your thread.  Personally though I won't discount  the relevancy of anything we have a stake in... just my opinion. 

I mean I think it matters, these small investments have been preludes to bigger projects, but it still might just be better for a dedicated investments/stocks thread. If they do end up acquiring tinyBuild or their IP, then that would fit here.

Since the Playmaji deal seems to imply an effective merger, and definitely will affect Atari's hardware line, that is very relevant. (I imagine we will get news on that front in 2024 but you would know better than me)

Edited by GraffitiTavern

• 4 months later...

Atari announces revival of Infogrames brand for non-Atari IP from acquistions and buys Totally Reliable Delivery Service, a 2021 ragdoll physics game, from tinyBuild.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/atari-relaunches-infogrames-immediately-buys-totally-reliable-delivery-service

Atari announced a strategic investment in tinyBuild back in December, which notable focuses on tinyBuild's original IP development.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/12/21/2799784/0/en/Atari-announces-investment-in-tinyBuild.html

On 12/21/2023 at 4:42 PM, PowerDubs said:

a 7.5% ownership of tinyBuild

On 12/21/2023 at 8:06 PM, GraffitiTavern said:

If they do end up acquiring tinyBuild or their IP, then that would fit here.

...and so it has come

February 4th 2024 Atari acquired Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

April 23rd 2024 Atari acquired Totally Reliable Delivery Service, which it purchased from Tiny Build which is the first title for the reboot of Infogrames which will focus on publishing and acquiring IP.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 12:36 PM, jeremiahjt said:

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of the M Metwork acquisition, maybe we can finally get the full list.

We never got the full list, but with the news of the Intellivision acquisition, I think we can probably assume Atari now owns the rights to every M Network title. I know it is possible that a title or two was not included in this acquisition of "over 200 games," but that seems unlikely.

So from now on, until we hear otherwise, I am going with Atari owning all M Network games. I know some of those are licensed titles, but Atari should own the 2600 game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2024 at 9:22 AM, jeremiahjt said:

We never got the full list, but with the news of the Intellivision acquisition, I think we can probably assume Atari now owns the rights to every M Network title. I know it is possible that a title or two was not included in this acquisition of "over 200 games," but that seems unlikely.

So from now on, until we hear otherwise, I am going with Atari owning all M Network games. I know some of those are licensed titles, but Atari should own the 2600 game.

I agree, although I wish they just put out an official list.

With some of the more obscure titles they don't know what to do with, it might be fun to do a fan "game jam" of. @TrogdarRobusto *cough cough*

• Like 1

Running Acquisition List as of June 1st, 2024

2023/2024:
1. Berzerk + Stern Electronics

2. M Network Games

3. Digital Eclipse

4. Awesomenauts + Swords & Soldiers

5. AtariAge

6. Intellivision and associated games

7. Bubsy and Accolade

8. Totally Reliable Delivery Service

9: Nightdive Studios + System Shock