IGNORED

Alien Abduction (by John Van Ryzin) - (WAS in VCS Store - removed)

davpa

Why does a withe/purple space woman appear on the VCS store illustration (beautiful), while in the game there is a girl dressed in jeans and a red t-shirt?

Ha!  Good point. The cover artist (my brother) went by my text description (princess abducted.) of the game.  I guess because 2600 art is very primitive for a commercial artist to relate to.  Maybe he will change her clothes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Finally beat Alien Abduction.  My final score was 40,551. That does not come close to my best score, which was into the many hundreds of thousands, but I finally did beat it.  Thank you Mr. Van Ryzin for a fun game.  I have also been playing a lot of 2600 Video Computer System H.E.R.O. lately, trying to get the patch score of 75,000.  My best so far is 57,935.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wongojack said:

Man, I want to play this.  When will it escape the VCS?

Garry Kitchen said Audacity Games may have an announcement to make at CORGSCON on June 1st. I think this announcement could be about a cartridge release for Alien Abduction.

Or you could always buy a VCS 800.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2024 at 6:33 PM, wongojack said:

Man, I want to play this.  When will it escape the VCS?

On 4/26/2024 at 12:46 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Garry Kitchen said Audacity Games may have an announcement to make at CORGSCON on June 1st. I think this announcement could be about a cartridge release for Alien Abduction.

Or you could always buy a VCS 800.

Looks like I was right. Audacity Games is doing a cartridge release of Alien Abduction. Orders open on June 15th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Looks like I was right. Audacity Games is doing a cartridge release of Alien Abduction. Orders open on June 15th.

I purchased it for my VCS800, but will purchase the cart from Audacity too.

On 6/2/2024 at 3:07 AM, GoldLeader said:

Maybe it will go from the vcs to the VCS heh...

;-)

Got my collector's copy this past weekend at CORGSCON...
...official release date is JUNE 15th.
IMG_20240607_123721792_HDR1.thumb.jpg.a2b85dc01eb9f2ddb7a313d169bb98f4.jpg

• Like 4

This game always seems to disappear from the Atari VCS store. It's probably down for good this time to maximize cartridge sales in the end. It's a fun game but i personally stopped bothering with it in the end due to all the keeping it on the store then removing it again etc, I'll certainly not be buying it on cartridge .  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 11:56 AM, brianwolters said:

I went to purchase Alien Abduction! on my VCS and I can't find it in the store anymore. Is it just me? 

It's not shocking since the author seemed to change his mind about being on VCS a couple times in the past.  I think he wanted the game on cart,  and sounds like Atari didn't want to do that so he took it to Audacity.