IGNORED

Alien Abduction - new Atari 2600 game by John Van Ryzin (H.E.R.O.)

Dionoid

I'm not much of a homebrew enthusiast. I've only got six homebrew games (including the one I made). But if this game is ever released on a physical Atari 2600 cartridge, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. HERO is among my favorite games for the VCS. And if John Van Ryzin wrote it, I'll cheerfully pay whatever price they ask for it.

-Ben

6 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Genuinely curious to know.

Probably had a bit do to this guy insulting him. read a but through this thread.

"some random dude in his garage coding home brew games and buring EPROMs"

Yeah you just don't say that to an OG Activision Developer. He got sick of these forums and shortly there after signed his game over to Audacity.

So this:

And finally this:

Kind of summarizes the events and how fed up John got.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SuperZapperRecharge said:

Probably had a bit do to this guy insulting him. read a but through this thread.

"some random dude in his garage coding home brew games and buring EPROMs"

Yeah you just don't say that to an OG Activision Developer. He got sick of these forums and shortly there after signed his game over to Audacity.

So this:

And finally this:

Kind of summarizes the events and how fed up John got.

He got fed up when he tried to sell his game to Atari and they didn’t buy it from him quickly enough. He had already been working with Audacity before I replied to his posts wheee he was insulting the entire retro gaming community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Did I dream this or did it really happen?  I swear I heard on a video, maybe an earlier ZPH, that this was going to get a physical release from AtariAge and I even think I saw it listed on an AtariAge flyer as a future release in the same video.  But they declared on the latest ZPH, that it's going to be released by Audacity.  If I didn't actually dream that first video and it really happened, and ZPH are correct that Audacity are now releasing it, I'd be interested to know how a planned AtariAge release moved to Audacity.  Did Audacity steal it? An audacious move if so.  See what I did there?  Is there now bad blood between AtariAge and Audacity as a result?  Genuinely curious to know.

If you read all of John Van Ryzin’s posts he states it directly. He came here and signed up specifically to complain about trying to sell his game to Atari and getting frustrated with Atari not moving more quickly to offer him a deal and went to audacity instead. 

12 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

If you read all of John Van Ryzin’s posts he states it directly. He came here and signed up specifically to complain about trying to sell his game to Atari and getting frustrated with Atari not moving more quickly to offer him a deal and went to audacity instead. 

There's two sides to every story.

Locking this thread.

..Al

• Like 3