IGNORED

The completely underappreciated possibilities of Mode 0 on SNES. . . .

1 minute ago, Trinity said:

IBTL:lolblue:

I have no doubt.

And I tell some people this, they're lucky we don't have actual free reign to really speak our minds on these forums and get right down to the nitty gritty of what's going on here and where everyone involved stands.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

9 minutes ago, WavyGravy said:

You have literally said that you have authority over others. I haven't. I have nothing to prove because I've claimed no authority.

You still haven't answered the question.

See my multiple previous comments to you. You have nothing to offer in regards to challenging me. You have done absolutely nothing on SNES, so, based on the logic in here coming from people like you, you are completely and utterly ignorant of the topic you speak. If there's a hierarchy in the SNES universe, you're in a position far below me on it. Show anyone why I should have to even remotely entertain you rather than you prove you have any value in a debate about what SNES is and is not capable of or anyone else's understanding of it. . . .

Exactly. You cannot. And we all know it. I know it. You absolutely know it. Everyone knows it.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

This one I got someone to code for me after coming up with everything based on my knowledge of what the SNES could and could not do in Mode 0 and building a fully working prototype in GameMaker for him to use as the reference (and my prototype was even more advanced than this).

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I can't remember where to find the file for this one above, so the footage of the .sfc file running on a SNES emulator will have to do for now. Similarly to above, what I created in GameMaker to show how all of this would be done was more advanced that what you see here.

Interesting. So despite your complete understanding of what the SNES is (and isn't) capable of, he couldn't make the SNES do everything you thought it could? 🤔

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Biff Burgertime said:

Interesting. So despite your complete understanding of what the SNES is (and isn't) capable of, he couldn't make the SNES do everything you thought it could? 🤔

Follow this logic, if it's not too confusing for you:

Earliest build in GM:

Actual SNES-coded build that sits in between the earliest build and latest build:

Latest build in GM:

Next version that will do a crap-load more . . .

I know some of you are trying real hard to win whatever point--you won't. The only medal you will get here is the trolling medal.

And now, really this time, I'm replying no more on it.

I don't need to waste anymore time on certain people who are a waste of time.

Everyone in here knows deep down inside the real truth about every single thing discussed.

So have at it--permission granted.

😘

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

By your own admission, the bar to achieving this exalted status you've given yourself is to make a bunch of sketches in Game Maker after watching an RGME video and then pester get someone else to do the hard work for you. I'm pretty sure anyone here could do the same and have an easier time because we haven't spent the last few years pissing off every SNES developer we've come in contact with. It's a low and almost embarrassing bar to have set. I honestly feel better about myself having not done that.

You haven't achieved anywhere near as much as you claim. You've suggested simple things that anyone with a cursory knowledge of the system's capabilities would be completely unsurprised by (and in some cases baffled as to why anyone would want to) and others have done them. It would be like me telling someone I built a house when what actually happened was I showed a contractor some pictures I drew and they built it. It doesn't matter how nice or accurate the pictures I drew were, I would have absolutely no business telling anyone how to lay a foundation or install a window. I would not be an authority. And so, neither are you.

If you're still determined to remain on that high horse, though, you can do this entire community a favour and ride it right the fuck out of town.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I don't need to waste anymore time on certain people who are a waste of time.

I did some calculations and number crunching on that statement based on your predisposition. Turns out that "certain people" contains 95.7% of the population minus Jim.

Seems a bit low but I know Jim to be a super tolerant guy, many times much to his detriment. 

• Haha 4