IGNORED

RealDos

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

Yeah, his websites seems to be gone now.

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just read the other thread of his passing.. 

Yeah, I saw the new comment about @Slor being the webspace host (and needing to renew the domain name), right after I wrote the comment quoted here. Good to know it'll be kept going.

• Like 1

Read the manual. Determined you can just pop in a basicXE cart (already copied the extensions disk) and it'll load . Well it did work, but I needed to do a warm reset cause of a garbled screen. So naturally, where did I mess up ? Thanks.

20230516_203837_HDR.thumb.jpg.03a16b18c262998a56b8c07fe80d0415.jpg20230516_210557_HDR.thumb.jpg.91112bd170dfe0dc4ace3b532c43e1db.jpg

Steve had a useful utility that (IIRC) allowed a Happy 1050 to properly a format in UltraSpeed.  I didn't see it in the downloads section, but it may be in the Toolkit.

That reminds me -- is there any app for Windows that allows one to look at the contents of a Sparta-format ATR?

Atadim does a great job, but only works for Atari Dos types.  If you are not familiar with it, you just drag an (Atari Dos) ATR to the atadim desktop icon and it immediately shows the contents, and also allows adding and deleting files (of simple ATR's).  It also can display the contents of MyDos subdirectories.   This has been posted before, but here's a link:  http://raster.infos.cz/atari/forpc/atadim.htm

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

That reminds me -- is there any app for Windows that allows one to look at the contents of a Sparta-format ATR?

MakeATR by Soudi, ATR Util by Ken Siders, ATR Tools by Atari Geezer and a few others can display the contents of SDFS (Sparta DOS File System, i.e. SpartaDOS, Bewe-DOS, Real DOS, SDX) ATR images.

ATR_Makers.zip

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

APE displays them as well. a step further and Imagic lets you do a numbers of things.

How?  When you mount the ATR, it displays the title, but I don't see a way to show the contents.  I'm using 3.0.11.  Maybe in a newer release?