IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Weeks 4/5 ~ Starpath !

Vocelli

Ummmm, forget about my last post. Just got on a wild run and hit 136,330 points in Communist Mutants.

I've found that the rounds get easier once the mutants start dive-bombing you around wave 5 or so. If you use your time warp a couple seconds after the round starts, and then stay mostly to the corner and use your shield, you have a decent chance of surviving the round and building up your lives. Once you get into the late game (wave 30 or so), each round completed gives you a huge boost to your score. I'm just sad I died with one mutant left, would have scored around 140,000 otherwise :P

Also, if you see a mutant go a little ways back up the screen, that means it's going to fly to the opposite corner, so it's your cue to move towards the middle if at all possible.

Communist mutants 136330.png

Edited by Snowbound1996
Said 180,000 accidentally; I would have actually gotten a little over 140,000 if I survived that wave.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I think I'm obsessed with Communist Mutants from space now. (Never thought I'd say that sentence! xD)

Advice for Communist Mutants: 

*Kill the mutant mother ASAP. Turn on your time warp and focus on shooting it down right away, otherwise the mutants you shoot will just be replaced by her. Afterwards, try to focus on clearing the middle of the mutant horde first. This will make it a bit easier to move your ship around when they attack and having the middle clear will allow you to stay there safely with shields up without a kamikaze mutant destroying you (kamikaze mutants destroy you even with shields up)

*Wait as LONG as possible before using your shield. If you camp in the corner, you'll be forced to use the shield right away as the mutants hone in on you, so try to move around towards the middle, weaving past the mutants when they're not firing (easier said than done). The longer you can wait before using your shield, the better your chance of surviving the wave is.

*Reset if you lose a life on the 1st or 2nd waves; you want to build up as many lives as possible so you can get into the later waves where the completion bonuses start getting really big. Losing a life or 2 right away will just put you off to a bad start.

*Once kamikaze mutants appear around wave 6, focus on dodging after killing the mutant mother. The mutants will get rid of themselves pretty quickly so long as you stay out of their way and just shoot the mutants that are honing in on you. If you've cleared the centre of the horde, that can be a fairly safe place to dodge the mutants.

I hope this advice can help out a bit and encourage more people to try their hand at Communist Mutants from Space :) 

New high score:

After some scripture reading I decided to have another go at Communist Mutants and after a bunch of mediocre runs, I ended up on another really good run. Wound up just *barely* skirting past the 150,000 point mark with this:

(Probably won't try for any more high scores in Communist mutants now; it's a really fun game, but it gets pretty hard and I've played it way too much haha. Now it's time to try again at the other 2 games, but I realllly do suck at them)

Communist mutants 151010.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Frogger: 97690

Communist Mutants: 76580

The first Frogger death at around 4:30 in the video is pretty lame.  I completed three full laps on back of the alligator in the top row of the river, and all three times, I was unable to go into the one remaining home because an alligator appeared.  In fairness, I probably could have been more aggressive on the first lap and moved left toward the edge of the tail of the alligator to make it, but don't ever recall the Parker Brothers version having the timing set this badly.

Thank you to @Snowbound1996 for the excellent tips on Communist Mutants.  I'll definitely be coming back to this one later in the week.

image.thumb.png.5db2cd3c808304abd9307a1f8445365f.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.0f6d7cd0342b76eb889bc5fbdacc6bd7.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

113,020 (rollage?)

My vote is to make rollage 98k.  It would not be right for my score to be rollage since @ZilchSr clearly made it farther into the game.  From bottom to top with a single frog, the most you could score is around 1500 points if you pick up the lady frog and eat a fly, so 98k should be sufficient notice to snap the pic.

I'm surprised to learn that this game only has 5-digit scoring.  While difficulty doesn't necessarily ramp up, the game does continue to periodically vary the speed of everything when you get to this point.  The game never felt like a marathon to me since there is only one extra life at 20k and you will inevitably screw up at some point trying to time your way through tight spaces.  It would be interesting to see if it gives you another extra life at 120k after rollage.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kermit73 said:

Frogger: 97690

Communist Mutants: 76580

The first Frogger death at around 4:30 in the video is pretty lame.  I completed three full laps on back of the alligator in the top row of the river, and all three times, I was unable to go into the one remaining home because an alligator appeared.  In fairness, I probably could have been more aggressive on the first lap and moved left toward the edge of the tail of the alligator to make it, but don't ever recall the Parker Brothers version having the timing set this badly.

Thank you to @Snowbound1996 for the excellent tips on Communist Mutants.  I'll definitely be coming back to this one later in the week.

image.thumb.png.5db2cd3c808304abd9307a1f8445365f.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.0f6d7cd0342b76eb889bc5fbdacc6bd7.jpeg

You're most welcome @kermit73. Friendly competition for the high score is what makes this exciting for me, so I'm eager to see how high everyone else can get their scores.

I also find it interesting how people are great at some games, and not so at others. I tried playing more Rabbit Transit and I can only get around 25,000 points and much less on Frogger, but Communist Mutants just seems more suited to me. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, ZilchSr said:

Rabbit Transit - 81,170

Communist Mutants - 129,170

image.thumb.jpeg.dda8166024313dd756557833cff44b0b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b758535dddabb51a1871bd433268514a.jpeg

Wow, that's a seriously good score in Communist Mutants! I guess I really can't rest on my laurels can I? Haha

That's why I got back into the grind and after a few days, I just got this score tonight: 

Here's another couple tips I thought I'd share for Communist Mutants.

1) Timing your shots is VERY helpful, practice it! If you're going to stay in the corner, only fire your shots right when a mutant is about to go in front of you; you'll be able to delay using your shield much longer and stay safe if you time your shots so you can hit the aliens as soon as they're in front of you (that'll keep them from firing at you)

2) Play something like the SWIV intro to hype you up and get you in the mood for blasting :33 (Am I aloud to make a Youtube link?) 

Communist mutants 164640.png