IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Weeks 4/5 ~ Starpath !

Vocelli

Fun games this week!

I had no idea that such a great port of frogger existed. It’s arguably better than the Parker Brothers version and instantly become my favorite of the two. Rabbit transit is unique and fun, and also quite addicting. Wasn’t a big fan of communist mutants from space, mostly because it was pretty frustrating and I didn’t dedicate enough time to crack it.

Rabbit transit: 55665

The Original Frogger: 17640

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5618.jpeg

• Like 1

Introducing the most pointless highscore today:

I decided to play some more Communist Mutants to see what I could pull off, I had a couple runs in the 200k range, one that hit 300k, and then I did this

Communist Mutants: 348'590

Good competition everyone, this was my first time participating in one of these, and I had a lot of fun. 
Do we get to the pick a game for winning at one of these games? And how does the point system work? Do you get 1 point for a game you win??

Communist mutants 348590.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Snowbound1996 said:

Introducing the most pointless highscore today:

I decided to play some more Communist Mutants to see what I could pull off, I had a couple runs in the 200k range, one that hit 300k, and then I did this

Communist Mutants: 348'590

Good competition everyone, this was my first time participating in one of these, and I had a lot of fun. 
Do we get to the pick a game for winning at one of these games? And how does the point system work? Do you get 1 point for a game you win??

Communist mutants 348590.png

At the end of the season, there are usually 4 playoffs categories, with each player placed in a particular bracket based on their final "points" earned during the season:

Gold (ranks 1 to 8

Silver (9 to 16)

Bronze (17 to 24)

Paper (the rest)

Whether the format has changed in the past 3 seasons I've been away, I couldn't say for sure.

Each bracket has 4 or 5 weeks of playoffs. The winners of each of the 4 brackets are usually contacted by Vocelli after the season and asked to pick a game to be included in the following season's lineup of games, the only caveat being that it has to be a game that has not been played in any of the prior 3 seasons.

As far as points gained each week, generally, for each game played unless otherwise specified on the description in the weekly posting, 1st place gets 50 point, 2nd gets 49, 3rd gets 48, and so on. There have been a few exceptions to this general method, but they're usually in the form of "bonus games", with some special specific task involved, and usually worth between 1 and 5 bonus points.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

At the end of the season, there are usually 4 playoffs categories, with each player placed in a particular bracket based on their final "points" earned during the season:

Gold (ranks 1 to 8

Silver (9 to 16)

Bronze (17 to 24)

Paper (the rest)

Whether the format has changed in the past 3 seasons I've been away, I couldn't say for sure.

Each bracket has 4 or 5 weeks of playoffs. The winners of each of the 4 brackets are usually contacted by Vocelli after the season and asked to pick a game to be included in the following season's lineup of games, the only caveat being that it has to be a game that has not been played in any of the prior 3 seasons.

As far as points gained each week, generally, for each game played unless otherwise specified on the description in the weekly posting, 1st place gets 50 point, 2nd gets 49, 3rd gets 48, and so on. There have been a few exceptions to this general method, but they're usually in the form of "bonus games", with some special specific task involved, and usually worth between 1 and 5 bonus points.

@Snowbound1996 it looks like the format has indeed changed, and the new format is actually listed at the bottom of every game's post each week, detailing exactly how the playoffs works.

• Like 1

I was playing on WRONG difficulty... for Mutants game, this will have to do. (no pic)

To be honest, I dunno if it was still midnight or 12:01 when I hit post for that big 1ks score,

so if time factors, the game was completed by midnight but possibly not posted at AA by midnight dunno, just sayin'.

I'm fine with what the mod call will be either way.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7