IGNORED

must-have games?

Propane13

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a thread or a site I can go to that rates/ranks the VCS releases. I didn't find too much online, except for coverage of the system itself, mostly discussing its price point.

Any indie games that stand out?

Any remixes of classics that are fantastic?

Any great head-to-head or co-op games?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Propane13 said:

Any indie games that stand out?

Donut Dodo

Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan

BPM Boy

Any remixes of classics that are fantastic?

All the Atari Recharged games are quite good.  Akka Arrh and Tempest 4000 are decent.  Alien Abduction is a new 2600 game, and it is good.  Supermash, an indie game based on retro genre mashups, is pretty decent.

Atari Mania kinda' sucks.

Any great head-to-head or co-op games?

The Recharged games mostly have good co-op.  Apolune 2 looks pretty good.

I was wondering if there is a thread or a site I can go to that rates/ranks the VCS releases. I didn't find too much online, except for coverage of the system itself, mostly discussing its price point.

They've gotten better about having regular releases, but the pickin's remain super slim.  There are no real "must haves" in my view.  Between the VCS Vault, A50, and Antstream, it makes a really nice retro game box, or a decent low-spec gaming PC.

• Like 2

My favorites have been

BPM Boy 

Donut Dodo

Atari 50

I've only bought 10 or so games so far, so I can't judge the entire library.   Most of the games I bought are decent,  the only one I regret buying was Rally Racers (bland kart racing type game)

• Like 1

I think all the Recharged games are worth a look with a special mention to the ones that really utilize the Classic controller like Gravitar, Breakout and Asteroids.

I also really liked:

- Thrustlander (another game that uses the Classic controller well)

- Donut Dodo

- Mad Age and That Guy

- Something Ate My Alien

- BPM Boy

But I would really classify Thrustlander and Donut Dodo as “must have” if you like those types of games.

• Like 1

I'll echo some of the previous comments. I think that the VCS is the definitive way to play most of the Recharged titles because of the classic controller. I have liked plenty of other titles, but they are the "must haves" in my book, because I don't think they will control the same on other consoles.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...