IGNORED

Raspberry Pi Pico Multicart - 2600PicoCart

electrotrains

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just stumbled upon this thread having been thinking for a while "wouldn't it be great if someone created a simple interface board to take a cheap pico with minimal components and the internal memory, so I could quickly and cheaply have a way to play homebrew games on my 2600 jnr".

@electrotrains - I appreciate your massive contributions to the community! Do you think you will pick this project up again, or has it come to the end of the road on account of the compatibility issue previously mentioned? If this is necro, do you think releasing the design files or at least the code for the pico firmware (even in its current state) would be of value? Your design is cheap enough that if it doesn't work for someone's application then it's no real drama (especially if they de-solder and reuse the pico).

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm working on PlusCart porting for RP2040 (Raspberry PI Pico):

https://github.com/gtortone/United-Carts-of-Atari

I started few weeks ago forking official PlusCart project. Currently the Pico emulates base cartridges files with support for ESP8266 uart-wifi bridge
and SD support.Now I'm working to add other cartridge types (SuperCharger, ...);

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gtortone said:

Hi,

I'm working on PlusCart porting for RP2040 (Raspberry PI Pico):

https://github.com/gtortone/United-Carts-of-Atari

I started few weeks ago forking official PlusCart project. Currently the Pico emulates base cartridges files with support for ESP8266 uart-wifi bridge
and SD support.Now I'm working to add other cartridge types (SuperCharger, ...);

Might want to take a look at this topic 

It only runs one game at a time. Currently @karri has 48K 7800 carts able to run from the Otaku board. At least there is a good code base to see what he has done.

• 1 month later...

I kindly ask @electrotrains if he could publish the 2600PicoCart working with Jr consoles, it'll made happy many users and we could made some further test for helping in find a solution for woody 2600.

P.S.: i used lot of your ideas and code for my Sega SD-1000 multicart (https://github.com/aotta/SD-1000) and it works very well, thank you again!

• Like 1