IGNORED

A8PicoCart - UnoCart on a Raspberry Pi Pico

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

why not just pass the thing on to someone who will make use of it? less trash is happier time for everyone. I don't have a use for it but I bet someone does.

I mean, I "can" do that. But it's only a $2 board. Shipping it woulld be around $4. Don't really think it's worth it

But hey..... If anyone wants it🤷🏻‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, ascrnet said:

Hi 00WReX,

Try this patch that I made to solve this inconvenience for my opinion the header is wrong. 😅

a8_pico_cart.uf2 191 kB · 19 downloads

regards

This version lost all of the Shifted 1200XL Function keys that Manterola had added previously for better TK-II navigation. So I sure hope this patched version is simply experimental and not considered a continuation. I'll go back in this topic and try some of the other versions to see where things went south.

EDIT: Apparently the extra navigation key changes never got integrated. Unfortunately there's not much I can personally do about that, since I was not the coder that added them, although I greatly appreciate that he did 👍

I presented the idea on 11/20/2024...

And a fully working version as done by @manterola was completed on 12/11/2024...

a8_pico_cart_Page-Up+Page-Down+Home+End_TK-II-Nav.uf2

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mytek said:

EDIT: Apparently the extra navigation key changes never got integrated. Unfortunately there's not much I can personally do about that, since I was not the coder that added them, although I greatly appreciate that he did 👍

I never added them because the sources were never shared in this thread, each beta of mine adds support for a new cartridge and they are sent to the repository so that in the future they will be accepted in the official repository. 😉

7 hours ago, manterola said:

Yes. I sent the code to Robin but it was never integrated. Here it is. Maybe somebody can do a quick compare and add the code modifications to the main source code?

Must be super busy, it's not responding to me either. But since you shared what you did I can add it to the repository.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ascrnet said:

We are unified with the changes that colleague @manterola provided in this thread. 😎

a8_pico_cart.uf2 188.5 kB · 3 downloads

I am now waiting for @mytek and @manterola tests to upload the changes to the official repository.😉

Well sorry to say that Page-Up/Down and Home/End still do not work in this latest version.

---------------

As an aside, has anyone had certain games not exit back to the A8PicoCart Menu when pressing the cart reset button followed by system reset ?  I've noticed several that don't, such as Adax.xex, Blinky's Scaring School.xex, and Bobby Bearing.xex to name a few.

7 hours ago, mytek said:

Well sorry to say that Page-Up/Down and Home/End still do not work in this latest version.

it is strange, are you sure you are using the correct version? to detect it has two small changes the year and the letter T looks rounder.

version.png.e280c5710de33416e4100b93ac6fc2ec.png

34 minutes ago, w1k said:

can i ask.. why latest firmware is not here?

Because that is Robin's own repository, many have forked from this to add their own things but these are not 'official' as far as I know and from this thread Robin isn't actively maintaining this as a project by which other's changes are approved and merged into the main/master branch. I'm fine with this as people are free to experiment with the foundations that Robin put down (as I have done with both UNOCart and A8PicoCart).

However I understand the confusion for the now many users of this product and perhaps a more co-ordinated effort could be had? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

Because that is Robin's own repository, many have forked from this to add their own things but these are not 'official' as far as I know and from this thread Robin isn't actively maintaining this as a project by which other's changes are approved and merged into the main/master branch. I'm fine with this as people are free to experiment with the foundations that Robin put down (as I have done with both UNOCart and A8PicoCart).

However I understand the confusion for the now many users of this product and perhaps a more co-ordinated effort could be had? 

Robin does accept changes when he has free time to review, but he must be super busy with his family.😉

All my changes he sent to the master for approval in the future.😎

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Yes - I am super busy with family and job. Plus it's actually sunny in Scotland at the moment, which means its nice to be outside and make some vitamin D for a change when I get some time off! 🙂

I will eventually get round to merging some of the changes into the 'official' page, but in the meantime, if someone wants maintain a 'fast moving' branch I'm completely happy with that, and will even add a link to it from my own github page.

Hope that's a reasonable compromise,

All the best,

Robin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ascrnet said:

We are unified with the changes that colleague @manterola provided in this thread. 😎

cart.thumb.jpg.a1a412fbab06e7526dc2a4212f5e3583.jpg

a8_pico_cart.uf2 188.5 kB · 7 downloads

I am now waiting for @mytek and @manterola tests to upload the changes to the official repository.😉

I'm the 6th download today. And after updating my Pico the extra 1200XL navigation keys are still not working.

So I went back to the last one that @manterola did and they do work.

3 hours ago, ascrnet said:

it is strange, are you sure you are using the correct version? to detect it has two small changes the year and the letter T looks rounder.

version.png.e280c5710de33416e4100b93ac6fc2ec.png

I'm not seeing any difference between manterola's version on the left and your latest version on the right, other than the year. The "T" looks the same to me.

before-after.png.f594669216a18de8da6fbdefef0f9575.png

This got me thinking that perhaps there should have been a version number or the complete date to distinguish between the changes.

42 minutes ago, mytek said:

I'm the 6th download today. And after updating my Pico the extra 1200XL navigation keys are still not working.

I don't have 1200XL, but I tried it with my 800XL and it does work to change pages with the CLEAR and INSERT keys.  😉

1 hour ago, ascrnet said:

I don't have 1200XL, but I tried it with my 800XL and it does work to change pages with the CLEAR and INSERT keys.  😉

Yes I forgot that was added to be more FujiNet compatible, and it does indeed work in @manterola's and your version. But for the TK-II's specific navigation keys it doesn't work in your version.

Maybe this page from a manual I'm working on will help to better define this relationship: NUCplus4_DataSheet_V1_Page7.pdf

Edited by mytek
Corrected attached document error

5 minutes ago, mytek said:

Yes I forgot that was added to be more FujiNet compatible, and it does indeed work in @manterola's and your version. But for the TK-II's specific navigation keys it doesn't work in your version.

Maybe this page from a manual I'm working on will help to better define this relationship: NUCplus4_DataSheet_V1_Page7.pdf

reviewing what @manterola shared there is no support for TK-II. 😅

1 hour ago, ascrnet said:

reviewing what @manterola shared there is no support for TK-II. 😅

That's odd. Perhaps he gave you an earlier version by mistake.

BTW I had to fix a small error in my pdf attachment where I messed up the decimal equivalent for the Page-Down key. New version of the doc was uploaded over old.

On 8/1/2024 at 11:23 AM, ascrnet said:

Take your time. 😉

I think the issue is that I modified the keytable.bin file which is called by the asm file. I am uploading the new keytable.bin. 

For reference regarding this mods, see this previous post.

Please, tell us how it goes...

keytable.bin

• Thanks 2