IGNORED

Why is Gaming declining?

To many of us who easily find more awesomeness now that ever before, it's not declining at all.   But of course we all have our own takes on it, and it's very much up to the individual it seems, and considering your supporting points are 9 random pictures, I figure that explains a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

When you see that you are in a period of decline, it is hard to accept the facts at first. Remaining in denial, however, is a difficult position to be in in the long run. It leaves you vulnerable and leads to irrational decisions that end up taking you in an even worse position. If you stay on this course, no one can prevent the consequences that must follow. This is a catastrophic direction to take.

Think about it, if you have to cut your loses it hurts, yes, but at least you are able to be hopeful engaging in a new constructive endevour. If you, however, find yourself unable to do so you are trapped in a self destructive downward spiral. You might be stuck in self deception, causing you to believe otherwise, but the natural facts will catch up to you. This is a very unfortunate path to be on.

Even if you wouldnt completely selfdestruct, you would still be quite inefficent by fooling yourself. Another contendor can easily outplay you sooner or later, but they eventually will come. It will get increasingly easier for others to be more efficent than you are, and in nature inefficent systems are doomed to fail in the long run.

Trying to prolong your held position by various tactics is a tragedy, it is better to face the facts as soon as possible, to avoid selfinduced harm.

I hope all the gaming decline deniers (GDD) will take this into consideration.

Edited by Creamhoven
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Creamhoven said:

When you see that you are in a period of decline, it is hard to accept the facts at first. Remaining in denial, however, is a difficult position to be in in the long run. It leaves you vulnerable and leads to irrational decisions that end up taking you in an even worse position. If you stay on this course, no one can prevent the consequences that must follow. This is a catastrophic direction to take.

Think about it, if you have to cut your loses it hurts, yes, but at least you are able to be hopeful engaging in a new constructive endevour. If you, however, find yourself unable to do so you are trapped in a self destructive downward spiral. You might be stuck in self deception, causing you to believe otherwise, but the natural facts will catch up to you. This is a very unfortunate path to be on.

Even if you wouldnt completely selfdestruct, you would still be quite inefficent by fooling yourself. Another contendor can easily outplay you sooner or later, but they eventually will come. It will get increasingly easier for others to be more efficent than you are, and in nature inefficent systems are doomed to fail in the long run.

Trying to prolong your held position by various tactics is a tragedy, it is better to face the facts as soon as possible, to avoid selfinduced harm.

Dude, I think you need to see a psychiatrist.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Creamhoven said:

All this nonsense because people disagree with you.......................

bill murray GIF

• Like 2

image.png.8418125cae84780027339bb78cf48a4f.png

'Lotta folks say the Big Apple became a cryin' disgrace since it got turned to an open-air prison, but if you A-Number-One it ain't bad, baby.  Got these slick epaulettes, outta' sight ladies on the arm, and all the gas Brain can make.  Even the prez down here watchin' Slag knock sucka's out in the ring.  'Long as you know how to get across the bridge it's all smoooooth sailin'.

Edited by MrTrust
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Creamhoven said:

Based on your previous posts, shouldn’t you actively avoid this type of negativity and embrace the positives of “people actually enjoying things?”  Shouldn’t you be more like “sure, there’s some bad, but there’s a ton of awesomeness, too, and I choose to embrace the awesomeness!”  Or maybe you were previously full of crap and just doing some good ol’ soapbox trolling and you really prefer to spread the gloom n’ doom at every opportunity, determined to argue with everyone to ensure they’re pulled away from things they’re enjoying while trying to drag them into the same ol’ miserable “everything is crap” train of thought.

Also, don’t forget that when you first started posting here, you were adamant that the thing that’s gonna “save gaming” was a vaporware/scam console idea that was literally promising a game library of some of the weakest MODERN gaming that we have to offer – like ports of mobile free-to-play stuff -  and when they started showing off these titles, we all got to see they were built with assets stolen from, get this… existing MODERN games.  So ya know, maybe you don’t have the best record of knowing what’s what regarding this hobby at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, MrTrust said:

image.png.8418125cae84780027339bb78cf48a4f.png

'Lotta folks say the Big Apple Turned became a cryin' disgrace since it got turned to an open-air prison, but if you A-Number-One it ain't bad, baby.  Got these slick epaulettes, outta' sight ladies on the arm, and all the gas Brain can make.  Even the prez down here watchin' Slag knock sucka's out in the ring.  'Long as you know how to get across the bridge it's all smoooooth sailin'.

That is an interesting quote. When was this said? Being a number one in this context will become a undesirable position, I am sure.

28 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Based on your previous posts, shouldn’t you actively avoid this type of negativity and embrace the positives of “people actually enjoying things?”  Shouldn’t you be more like “sure, there’s some bad, but there’s a ton of awesomeness, too, and I choose to embrace the awesomeness!”

Thank you for adressing the subject. I am not sure of the context you are refering to, so I am going to adress it in general terms. I agree that positivity is a necessity for the times we are living through. A hopeful constructive and honest (this includes not selfdeluded) idea for the future. Coping however is a selfdefeating direction. I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction.

Or maybe you were previously full of crap and just doing some good ol’ soapbox trolling and you really prefer to spread the gloom n’ doom at every opportunity,

Okay, this is a characterisation I have to disagree with, but isnt it kind of besides the point? What does my position matter, when my points stand on their own?

determined to argue with everyone to ensure they’re pulled away from things they’re enjoying while trying to drag them into the same ol’ miserable “everything is crap” train of thought.

What has motivated me to open this thread, is because I saw users arguing for an overall decline of gaming. The title is cleary understood at first glance, and if it isnt a subject you want to engage with you are free to leave it. Argumentations against the notion of this thread are welcome as well, and I thank you for your participation, but you should take responsibility for yourself and how the things you read on the internet effect you.

Also, don’t forget that when you first started posting here, you were adamant that the thing that’s gonna “save gaming” was a vaporware/scam console idea

The intellivison amico.

that was literally promising a game library of some of the weakest MODERN gaming that we have to offer – like ports of mobile free-to-play stuff -  and when they started showing off these titles, we all got to see they were built with assets stolen from, get this… existing MODERN games.

I understand that my position of defending the amico is not a strong one, and there are good arguments against my position. For me the idea that a small company can offer a an alternative in opposition to the huge established componies is a hopeful one. The absense of that and in addition the disappoinent of the promise of the amico to me is a reflection of a degenerated console market in itself.

So ya know, maybe you don’t have the best record of knowing what’s what regarding this hobby at the moment.

In this case opening with a title question and just posting pictures as an opener might be a decent choice.

Edited by Creamhoven

39 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

We can't talk about politics, but I suggest you Google Eric Zemmour, since your narrative about the decline of everything reminds me a lot of him. I hope it will make you understand how you sound, but maybe you'll embrace being a reactionary. 🤷‍♂️

I have looked him up and totally agree. I think it is exactly this type of kperson why gaming is in decline.

I mean he is actually looking like this.

bgdejz8xx4p21.png

I don't know if you'd agree?

Edited by Creamhoven

56 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

No, that's the type of person that thinks like you that everything is declining. 😑

No, he is a cynical actor.

Not speaking political here (I dont know or care about this stuff anyway):

Look at this person, does this look like a person you would trust to speak honestly?

dmdmwlff.gif

Edited by Creamhoven